BAD AD- Giorgio Armani | Teen Ink

BAD AD- Giorgio Armani

By mallory.bahr SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
mallory.bahr SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

This Giorgio Armani ad in People magazine is trying to get men to buy Armani code by Giorgio Armani. People, a magazine about the hottest topics/ gossip, going on in the celebrity world. People targets both girls and guys, ages 15 to 45. This ad is targeting higher class Caucasians around the age of 20 to 30 years old. His eyes are seductive and they draw you into this ad. This all comes out when he puts on Fit Armani Code by Giorgio Armani. The text on the page says “the ultimate code of seduction for men. The background is all black so the mood is night time. Giorgio Armani is written across the bottom and in small print at the top it says available at Macy’s. Macy’s is a worldwide company and you can find Armani code worldwide.
This ad shows a men getting hit on by a women that is skinny, wearing a seductive and little black dress. The girl’s lifestyle looks like she has a elegant and a dream life most girls her age want. This all happens when the man puts on Armani code This ad are going for a sophisticated but simple look. The man is wearing a suit with a black tie (simple).
An exciting, elegant and happy life is being presented in this ad. The female’s values are seen as sexiness and sexual. This lady model is fit, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if she was a little fatter. She is way to skinny for people her age. The man is normal, his eyes are sexual and draw you in when you first look at this ad. This ad persuades that once you buy Armani code by Giorgio Armani that you will be just like the model, sexy, attract more people and be higher class, also known as symbol persuasion. They also used the persuasion of using beautiful people. If you use beautiful people in the ads, you look like them too once you buy their product.

There are definitely no healthy messages in this ad. Everything either. If you put on Armani code and you are already a loser, you wont get what this model in the ad is getting. Sorry to be mean but its true. The unhealthy messages in this ad are looks are everything. Her skin, hair, and makeup are flawless. Is it really though? Photoshop probably worked long and hard to get this ad to perfection. Were not being told everything either. What is the price? What is all in the cologne? Questions like that. For most shoppers that is the key factor when buying cologne. There only hope here is that when they are given a sample, they will smell it and fall in love with it.
America, don’t believe everything you see in a tabloid magazine. Half of the gossip in the magazine you can’t believe, so why believe the ads? Learn all you can about the product before you purchase it.