College Essay 2 | Teen Ink

College Essay 2

January 6, 2010
By favresdabomb4 SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin
favresdabomb4 SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dreams. Aspirations. Goals. Growing up I was full of them. Some faded. Some grew stronger. As these goals grew strong, so did I. Mentally and physically. One little room in my basement has changed my life. That basement is where I spent hours in. That basement is where I began working out.

In my early years I was looking for that thing. That thing that shows who you are. That thing people think of when they see you. I played sports. Lots of them. Football, baseball, basketball, rugby, and soccer. I liked them all but there was not that passion. The want to go out there and be the best. When I started working out I always wanted to be the best. I set my goals high and jumped high enough to reach them. In the weight room it felt like I couldn’t lose. It felt like I wouldn’t let myself lose.

The weight room started as a room of goals for me to try to reach. It became more than that. That bench press coming down on me, trying to make me fail, turned into new friends trying to help me. Because of the weight room I met people that I would not have had the chance to meet. People that I now look at as friends. People that I can trust.

I was confused. I wanted to have that passion. When I went down into my basement 4 years ago I never thought this would be it. Working out faced me with challenges. I broke through those challenges. What gave me the opportunity to grow… One small room. One weight room. One passion.