Article Review | Teen Ink

Article Review

By ChrisN SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
ChrisN SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

According to A.C. Nielsen Co., an average American watches an excess of four hours of Television per day. The article inundated me with comprehensive statistics that would show that Americans watch too much Television.
The average child watches 1,680 minutes of TV a day, if you were to compare this to the amount of time parents have conversation with their kids (3.5 minutes). The amount of time is staggering. The time parents spend trying to coerce them away from the television is higher than the amount of time they spend with them. This leads to more violence acts among children. The number of murders a child observes before they finish elementary school is 8,000! 8,000! That is an insane amount. The population seems to garble the facts when it comes to television violence. 21% of the population seems to be sanguine to the facts. But, 79% of Americans believe that TV violence leads to real life mayhem. This including fruitless crimes like graffiti. Business owners are not so phlegmatic about these acts, which causes them to spend un-needed time cleaning the building.
After reading the article, which was full of statistics on a poignant topic? I have corroborated that children watch too much television. I believe that parents should become zealous towards getting their children active. Television is a problem and I’m glad people are using their time to figure the problems out.