Should Your Face Be On Facebook? | Teen Ink

Should Your Face Be On Facebook?

By AndrewG BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
AndrewG BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

Facebook, for those of you who don’t know, is a social networking system on the internet. However, with any social networking system there are pros and cons and this is true of having an account on Facebook. The one major con of having an account on Facebook is that pretty much everyone in the world can see what you put on it. There are privacy settings for your profile, which is a nice feature, but there are people out there who can hack into your profile. This is why it is so important to be careful about the information you put on your account and who you chose to let view it.

The pros of Facebook are that it is a great way to keep in touch with your family and friends and even make new friends. This website is an awesome way to keep in touch with everyone and share videos and pictures of one another. It acts as aim (Instant Messaging) because there is a chat button at the bottom of the screen so you can talk to your friends who are online. You can comment on a picture, video, or status, expressing how you feel about it. Just don’t put any inappropriate videos or pictures on because you will either get in trouble with your parents or guardians or worse the government. You can blog on it too (your status), but just don’t say exactly where you are going. Here are some important aspects about Facebook you need to remember: DO NOT say where you live, don’t say whether or not you’ll be home, don’t give your phone number, and don’t say what time you are going somewhere and the place you are going to.
I think Facebook is a great way to keep in touch, but I am also careful on what I put on it. As you can see, there are more pros than cons about facebook. I would recommend getting one, with permission from your parents of course. Finally, the best part is…IT’S FREE!