Death by Scrabble | Teen Ink

Death by Scrabble

October 6, 2009
By Anouk BRONZE, Saint-Charles-de-Bellechasse, Other
Anouk BRONZE, Saint-Charles-de-Bellechasse, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

An American author, called Charlie Fish, created a website, Fiction on the Web, where you can write short story. On this website, there is a fiction written by Mr. Fish and called Death by Scrabble. I think this story is as good as a burned cake. At first, you think it will not be that bad, but after you taste it, it is a lot worst than what you thought.

The story Death by Scrabble starts on a hot and humid Sunday afternoon, when two people, who hate each other and are married together, are playing Scrabble. The narrator (husband) notices that the words being formed on the game come true. So, he decides to try to use the words to kill his wife. Will he succeed?

When you start reading the text, you think something special will happen, but the narrator and his wife are only playing Scrabble. Even if the game is magic, it is still a game of Scrabble, which means it is not really interesting. Also, the main character, an angry guy, unhappy and full of hate for his wife, looks so sympathetic that you absolutely do not want to meet him. When you read about him, it makes you a little bit angry, because he has a bad attitude: he hates a lot his wife, but he stays with her, probably because he does not have the gut to leave her. So, the only thing he does is saying how much he hates his wife, which is annoying, useless and makes me angry.

Finally, Death by Scrabble is a bad story, because it is not interesting and the main character makes you angry by his attitude. So, you should not read this story, unless you want to be bored and angry.