Jersey Boys Musical Review | Teen Ink

Jersey Boys Musical Review

May 27, 2009
By Anonymous

The musical Jersey Boy is a masterpiece. This play written by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice is pure genius. The acting and music is totally superb, beyond measure. Dominic Scaglione Jr. (Frankie Valli) has shown Valli’s true colors. He has shown Valli’s image as a kid who started off wrong, turns out to be right in every way. The Four Seasons played by Michael Cunio (Tommy DeVito), Shonn Wiley (Bob Gaudio), Michael Ingersoll (Nick Massi), and Dominic Scaglione Jr. (Frankie Valli), have all shown their best in these four roles.
Frankie Valli is the star of the show, the story always revolves around him and that is great because you get to see the flaws in the persons life, and the actions that he takes, and the determination he has to make it better. His voice is what makes the music of the Four Seasons one of the greatest music groups in the world. Tommy DeVito is the drama of the whole play; he is the reason why at a point the group fell apart. His gambling and immaturity with the law is why Tommy DeVito was gone from the group for many years. Nick Massi is the comic relief, and without him the life of the play would be ruined. In the drama’s darkness he is the light to make things better. Bob Gaudio is the reason the Four Seasons made their hits. His wonderful lyrics with Valli’s magnificent voice are why the Four Seasons made it to number one. “Sherry”, “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”, and “Walk like a Man”, are just some of the many songs that make this musical the best there is.
Chicago’s Broadway Musical is one of the best that I have ever seen. It is so captivating that when watching you will sign along to join the characters. It is a great play that everyone should get to experience. If you have the opportunity to see Jersey Boys, I highly recommend that you do. It is a musical for the whole family to enjoy.

The author's comments:
This review is just to inform the reader about the wonderful play Jersey Boys. And to convince them to see it with their very eyes to make opinions of their own.