Maine South Play Review | Teen Ink

Maine South Play Review

This year, my high school performed the musical play of “My Favorite Year”. This story was about a young boy named Benjamin who is a writer on a NBC set of a comedy show in 1954. Over the course of the play, Benjamin has to create the perfect live comedy scene for the show. He also has to juggle a washed up child star in the process, and also the love of his life.
This play was my favorite that I have seen. I loved the plot of the play. I found it very interesting to feel like I was in the nineteen fifty’s. I felt like I was on the set of the show. I loved the actors and actresses that performed in this play. The singing was also phenomenal. The only complaint I have about this play is that it was almost too long. The whole play took a total of an hour and a half. I thought it was a little too long.
My favorite part of the play, however, was the scenery. The scenery was so well put together! The great scenery really added an extraordinary effect to the play. It made me feel like I was sitting on stage with the actors. I loved the props as well. The television cameras on the side and the filming props at the back of the stage really added to the effect of the play. I thought this play was great!