Paul McCartney Concert | Teen Ink

Paul McCartney Concert

August 2, 2009
By MeanMs,Mustard GOLD, Leesburg, Virginia
MeanMs,Mustard GOLD, Leesburg, Virginia
10 articles 0 photos 12 comments

On August 1st 2009 I had the immence pleasure of atteneding a Paul McCartney concert, his first at FedEx Field. It was the most amazing experience of my life. The second figures appeared on stage, I started to cry.I couldn’t believe it. I was seeing Paul McCartney, hearing that beautiful liverpudlian accent that I have come to know (and worship) so well…I was breathing the same air molecules as PAUL McCARTNEY!!!
I was overcome with joy when he took off his suit jacket to reveal red suspenders. That was his “big costume change of the night” as he put it.
He played wonderfully, and sang beautifully. From the first note of “Drive My Car” I was pumped with adrenalin that didn’t leave even after the final note of “The End” which was the last song in, not his first, but his second encore. The show was around three hours long...that is AMAZING, especially considering that the man is 67. He is AMAZING. I speak the total and utter truth when I say this.
This was an unbelievable night that I will never forget. My first real concert, and I'm positive it's one if the greatest ones out there.
Macca had control of the crowd the whole night. He had control of ME the whole night. Every time he would talk about the Beatlemania days when they couldn’t hear the music due to the screaming girls, my fellow Beatlemaniac chicks, and I would scream to the top of our lungs. And when he said, “everyone say YEAH!” you better believe that EVERYONE said “YEAH”, he went on with that for a while, trying to see what he could get us to do. (He could probably get us to do anything if he wanted)
I jumped up with excitement when the first lyrics of “I’m Down” escaped his mouth. I sang as loud as I could when he requested ladies only to sing “Hey Jude”. And I swayed, hands in peace signs, during “Give Peace A Chance”.
I recommend this concert to ANYONE who likes music. It’s not just a concert, it’s an experience. If you get a chance to go, take it, no, don’t just take it, grab it like you need it to live. The concert was truly amazing, and I cannot believe that I got to be there. I can’t stop thinking about it. I mean, how many times do you get to see a LIVING LEGEND in person? I'm especialy pleased due to the fact that I saw a living legend that I positvly adore.
I had the most increadable time, Paul was, and is phenomenal. Macca, I just wanted to say...
KEEP ROCKIN' ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF!!!!

The author's comments:
The "Peradventure" in the title is an inside joke, and if you get it I love you, if you don't, that's ok as well...