Quittin Time Tour: A Review | Teen Ink

Quittin Time Tour: A Review

April 29, 2024
By Egroff BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Egroff BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Zach Bryan's Quittin Time tour will leave you feeling on a high for hours. I have been a fan for a while, and when I saw he was coming back to Wisconsin, I jumped at the chance to see him live.


I went with a group of friends to see him at Fiserv in Milwaukee and from the moment he first strummed his guitar, to when he walked up to the stage, the crowd was electric and you could feel the energy all around you. His deep gravelly voice and wholehearted lyrics immediately impacted the crowd, drawing them to sing along. 

 


He began with “Overtime” which everyone knew from the first couple beats of the song. although a new opener, it had the same effect of the previous opener, Open the Gate, with the fast guitar playing and overall upbeat rhythm of the song. 

 


The next song he played was Godspeed which is one of my personal favorites. It is a calmer song for Zach which was probably intended to get the audience emotional because of the deep meaning of having to be vulnerable and have a lot of courage to chase after new dreams and experiences.. He sings, “as I beg you, just to take it easy on me, I’m movin’ at godspeed.”


Zach kept the audience engaged throughout the concert. He thanked the audience after every song and gave a background story before the ones that meant a lot to him. Each song feels like a deeply personal expression of his own experiences which allowed fans to connect with him on a deeper level. 


But, the night wasn’t over yet— as I have been a Zach Bryan fan for awhile I knew there was an encore coming. After leaving the stage with his crew, Zach Bryan returns to play Revival for twelve minutes. Between the chorus he introduces each band member and gives them a solo. It is easy to say that this was the greatest part of the night. Everyone in the audience was dancing, singing along and the crowd had great energy. 


The Quittin' Time Tour was a testament to Zach Bryan's talent as not only a country/folk songwriter, but a storyteller. It was a night filled with moments of laughter, screaming, tears and everything in between. It was a genuine experience to celebrate the power of music and very inspiring for the fans. 

 


To anyone who has the chance to see Zach Bryan live, it is an experience that should not be missed.


The author's comments:

I wrote about Zach Bryan's 2024 Quttin Time Tour, and wanted to review it!