Belfrē Kitchen Review | Teen Ink

Belfrē Kitchen Review

By 5reidy BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5reidy BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

What an amazing Brunch I had. At Belfrē Kitchen, I went with my sister and mom after shopping for a few hours in downtown Delafield. It was in October when the temperature was still moderate to go outside. After walking around for a while we were hungry and decided to get food. Across the street from us was Belfrē Kitchen. It almost looked like a church because it had white exterior paint and had a steeple on the top of the building. We decided to give it a try so we walked inside.

I was seated outside; their outdoor exterior design was beautiful and very welcoming. It showcased flowerpots and trees with strings of light that strung from each side of the outdoor seating area. What made this place special from the rest was they are family run, locally owned, and work with local farmers to create the best homemade food.

Once we sat down, we were handed right away with the menu and list of cocktail drinks. Looking at the options, there were plenty of refreshing drinks to choose from. The one that appealed to me was the lavender lemonade.The lavender lemonade was $6, which was pretty reasonable since this was an upscale restaurant. Lavender lemonade is a popular beverage at Belfre Kitchen since it has a gourmet and sophisticated feel to it thanks to the mix of lemon and lavender. It sounded so interesting, and I was dying to try it since one of my favorite drinks is lemonade. 

The lemonade has a noticeable floral and herbaceous taste from the lavender. The entire flavor profile adds a distinct flavor from the mild yet obvious floral aromas.Tasting the drink it was sweet and sour at the same time, but it also had a refreshing taste of mint. 

After deciding on what to choose for my small plates, me and my sister decided to go with the whipped feta. The Whipped Feta was $16, and  it seems a little too pricey for the proportion that was put to the table. It seemed to only serve two people instead of a whole family which was the only drawback. The whipped feta consisted of Fig Jam, calabrian Chili Honey, Pomegranate seeds, roasted pistachios, micro basil, and to dip with it, grilled naan bread. The texture was thick and creamy, and it tasted salty and tart. And it was a fantastic complement to the naan bread. Whipped feta is smooth and creamy, while naan bread is soft and somewhat chewy. The overall eating experience is improved by the contrasting textures, which produce a pleasing and intriguing mouthfeel.

For my main course, I decided to get the everything bagel sandwich, since we were eating brunch and it was earlier in the day. The meal is eye-catching due to the harmonic blend of colors and textures. In the sandwich it had an egg over easy that gooed out from the side when you took a bite out of it, nueske’s ham, pepper jack cheese, pesto aioli, and arugula. This golden-brown everything bagel was everything and beyond what I was expecting. I enjoyed every moment of this cuisine meal.

I would definitely recommend this especially to people going on a date or with friends for a nice place to eat. Only downside is that the kids menu didn’t have a ton of food options to choose from, since there were only four options on the menu; with that I would not bring my kids to this certain restaurant because it's more of a mature place to eat. Other than that this place was very appealing and made me very satisfied with everything that was brought to the table. and you will catch me there soon again!

I decided to review a bunch that I went to in October at a local restaurant