World Traveler | Teen Ink

World Traveler

By Addie1204 BRONZE, Merton, Wisconsin
Addie1204 BRONZE, Merton, Wisconsin

We land in Paris, jetlagged, drained, and completely overwhelmed by the crowds of people and buildings taller than I’ve ever seen before. The six of us pack into an uber and drive 30 minutes to our hotel. At this point we aren’t expecting much from anything, we just want to lay down and relax after our long nine hour flight. 

Our expectations were blown out of the water. We sluggishly walked into the lobby and our eyes collectively widened. The lobby was nicely decorated with eye-catching chandeliers and the modern feel of the hotel was like a breath of fresh air after being cramped on a flight for what felt like forever. I decided to explore. I discovered the lobby has a large seating area, a bar, and a wide selection of foreign snacks for me to try. 

We get checked in and hop into the elevator that manages to fit everyone and their luggage onto it. My siblings and I darted off the elevator to try and beat each other to the room first. I managed to snag the room key from my parents so I was the first to open the door to our space for the next week. The bedrooms were large with plenty of space to fit the six of us. The beds were comfy and conveniently placed next to the plenty of outlets. I took a look over at my little brother who had already decided where he would be sleeping since he was already asleep in bed.

Next, I decided to look at the most important space. The bathroom. I pull the sliding door and am amazed to see one of the biggest, most complex showers I think I have ever seen in my life. The mirror was huge and there was so much space in this bathroom.

Throughout our one week stay, my family needed two things, room service and more bath towels. The hotel staff was more than accommodating to our requests and it was impressive. They made it their job to make sure we were well taken care of. 

My favorite part of my stay here however, was the location of the hotel. It was extremely close to the main strip of shops in Paris. It was also located around many cafes and restaurants. This gave us a quick and easy way to try French cuisine. The most important thing though, was its location in relation to the Eiffel Tower. During the day, we had the ability to travel there and tour it. It was nothing short of amazing. 

This hotel completely surpassed our expectations and managed to make our stay halfway across the world feel like home.