What is Vehicle Transmission and its abbreviations meaning ? | Teen Ink

What is Vehicle Transmission and its abbreviations meaning ?

By Rita Bansal BRONZE, Jaipur, Other
Rita Bansal BRONZE, Jaipur, Other

While buying a used vehicle you must know the transmission of the same vehicle. It is important cause transmission of the vehicle also affect the price range.

Transmission in vehicle means an automobile gearbox that is used to change gear ratios as the vehicle moves. It is used in all types of cars, vans, coupes, wagons, SUV, MUV, trucks & other heavy-duty commercial and industrial vehicles and equipment.

These Transmission are mainly divided in to 2 basic categories named as below:

Automatic Transmission

Manual Transmission

Automatic Transmission: In the name itself describes that the vehicle will manage the gearbox automatically. It lets the driver free from shifting the gears manually. Mostly the automatic transmissions have a set of selection of possible gear ranges, often with a parking pawl feature that will lock the output shaft of the transmission.

In the details of the vehicles, Automatic Transmission will be written as below:
AT, CAT, DAT, FAT

Manual Transmission: As reverse to Automatic Transmission the manual transmission manages the gearbox manually. It is a mechanical transmission, in which gears had been shifted by the driver's hand on the gear stick or gear lever, rather than automatically.

In the details of the vehicles, Manual Transmission will be written as below:
MT, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8

If you are looking for any type of manual or automatic transmission vehicles then please visit below site:
http://www.japanesecartrade.com/stock_list.php