Pizzeria Uno | Teen Ink

Pizzeria Uno MAG

By Anonymous

   Established in 1943, Pizzeria Uno has many locations in the New England area. I recently visited one of its newest locations in Revere. The atmosphere was clean and very modern. The pink neon lights outline both the inside and outside. During my visit, the restaurant was fairly crowded, but the wait was only ten minutes.

When seated, I glanced at the menu and decided to have pizza rather than a sandwich or pasta dish. As an appetizer, I ordered the Veggie Dip, a large platter of raw vegetables with a tasty yogurt dip. The menu also had many non-alcoholic beverages like mineral waters, root beer floats, and various fruit-freeze drinks. Pizzeria Uno prides itself on having healthy food, using only vegetable oils. Also, a red check mark next to an item indicates it is low in fat and cholesterol. I think this is a very good idea which more restaurants should adopt.

The main focal point was, of course, the pizza itself. It is very different from the usual "heavy" texture associated with most pizzas. Their pizza crust tastes more like a biscuit, which gives a delicious originality. It is easy to tell that only the finest ingredients are used. They are generous with the cheese and the sauce is a mild complement to the crust.

To end my meal, I ordered the Raspberry Swirl. This is a red check marked dessert which tastes very similar to cheesecake. One may have trouble deciding which dessert to order.

All in all, I enjoyed the food and surroundings, and the waitpeople were courteous. The menu offers a wide selection for all and this location is rather convenient. Also, takeout is available. If you have a passion for pizza, I highly recommend Pizzeria Uno. n