Museum Of Modern Art | Teen Ink

Museum Of Modern Art MAG

While in New York City during Thanksgiving break, my family and I visited the Museum of Modern Art (popularly called MoMa), on West 53rd Street. The art collection consists of over one hundred thousand paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, photographs, architectural models and plans and design objects, most of which were given as gifts to the museum. The museum also has many of the more famous modern artwork including Van Gogh's "The Starry Night," Picasso's "Three Musicians" and Dali's "The Persistence of Memory."

The special exhibition that day featured the work of American artist, Jasper Johns. His work has been described as "obscure," "enigmatic" and "unsettled." His most famous work is called Flag, which is a painting of the American flag mounted on three plywood panels. Many of his works are very intricate and detailed. Some have been painted in bright vibrant colors, while others are black and white. His paintings incorporate many styles and types of art. In some he only uses numbers or letters to express his ideas, while in others he paints using strokes of the brush to convey the images in his mind. Although many are in oil, some use collages, lithographs and other materials. I found Jasper Johns' artwork very interesting and unique.

I really enjoyed visiting MoMA. Seeing many of the original paintings that I had previously only seen photographs or posters of was truly incredible. I would definitely recommend that anyone who goes to New York City and has an interest in modern art should visit the Museum of Modern Art and see its fabulous collection

i love this so much!