Lord Of The Dance | Teen Ink

Lord Of The Dance MAG

The time and place is 2:30, at the Fleet Center in Boston, Massachusetts. I am sitting in my seat eagerly waiting for the show to begin. The seat is only a couple of hundred feet from the stage. The show is "Lord of the Dance" starring none other than Michael Flatley. I have been waiting for this moment since the first time I had seen this Irish step dance troupe on TV.

Finally the show begins. The opening scene has the Little Fairy sprinkling dust on the dancers to awaken them. Then the dancing begins. For the next hour I sit in silence watching more than 80 dancers move around the stage as though they were one.

During the twenty-minute intermission, I sit in wonder over at what I just witnessed. I have just seen the best dancing of my life, and am amazed that there is still more to come. The second act, unknown to me, is five times better than the first, even though the first act was excellent. With more soft shoe dancing in the second act, I did not take my eyes away from the stage for more than a second.

Michael Flatley has trained his dancers very well. The mean dancers are making fun of the Little Fairy, and breaking her flute in half, until Michael Flatley comes to her rescue, turning the mean bullies away, and fixing her flute. Overall, this show was very much worth the $50 ticket. I will have the pleasure of going to see this show a second time in Hartford and I will treasure that experience greatly