Review: Riverdance | Teen Ink

Review: Riverdance MAG

"Riverdance:The Show" is a spectacular representation of Irish culture's moveto the Americas. The performance consists of 35 dancers from around theworld and stars award-winning Eileen Martin and Pat Roddy."Riverdance" includes not only Irish step dancing, but alsoother Irish music and traditions.

"Riverdance" leavesthe audience in awe. The Celtic chanting, Irish step dancers andsoloists are remarkable. The show blends many cultures; scenes arededicated to Russian, African-American, Spanish and, of course, Irishheritage. The choir performs songs from the original group, Anuna, anIrish choir devoted to reproducing Irish songs from ancient and medievaltimes. "Riverdance's" musicians steal the show and the fiddleand uillean pipes soloists are superb.

Although"Riverdance" has many positive attributes, the dancer'scostumes could be improved. The Irish step dancers, for example, lackedthe traditional embroidered costumes most Irish dancerswear.

"Riverdance" modernizes Irish traditions andmesmerizes the audience from beginning to end. The dancers encourage theaudiences to join in by clapping to the music and the musicianscaptivate with their unending talent, making the show a must-see.