Review of | Teen Ink

Review of

October 24, 2019
By tfrederick23 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
tfrederick23 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “All You Really Need in Life,” written by Anna Timms, talks about her experience with going to the island of Dominica and helping families who suffered loss from Hurricane Maria. She talks about the life that the people have to go through everyday, and how they are living. After reading this, it left me feeling lucky and more informed to what others may be going through.

This short story, “All You Really Need in Life”, paints a big picture on what life (mine specifically) could be. Anna describes what she was doing for people on the island of Dominica after Hurricane Maria and made me realize that I am lucky to have what I have today. “People moved into house made from tarps or trash.” These lines specifically were very upsetting to me. I think is is so crazy that these people once had a full life, food, and shelter along with many other necessary items, then it was all taken away. However, even though these people lost everything they still managed to have a positive attitude towards life. “...eyes shone with excitement…” This statement was said after Anna Timms and her crew had gotten off of a ship when they started to walk up to the island. It is bizarre that they families who are on this island are still so helpful and willing to get the help they need all with a smile on their faces. All of these people are very willing to do anything that can or will help them, and I think what Anna Timms and her crew did for them was an extraordinary act.