Serial Season 1 | Teen Ink

Serial Season 1

By Sendzei GOLD, Sacramento, California
Sendzei GOLD, Sacramento, California

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett

Serial is a podcast about a high school student Hae Min Lee who was murder and many students and friends of her has been testify. This podcast is a manipulating podcast that makes you think twice on who do you think who killed Hae Min Lee. This is a real life situation that has been going on for years and nobody has admits on who killed her but only has assumptions on who murdered Hae Min Lee.

The main people who was being testify was mainly Adnan and Jay. Adnan was charged for a first degree murder/premeditated murder due to assumptions. Adnan and Jay was best friend and Adnan was Hae Min Lee’s boyfriend. Throughout the podcast, the narrator Sarah Koenig has been reporting and trying to investigate on who killed Hae Min Lee. Sarah Koenig is a female narrator who is American journalist and is known on the public radio.

This podcast is a manipulating story between the friends of Adnan and Jay. In some episodes, you will think Adnan killed Hae because of relationship problems. What I mean is that it can be Adnan who killed Hae because Hae Min Lee probably did something wrong that triggered Adnan that made him killed Hae like cheating. Adnan is known as a innocent person. In some episodes, people would say Jay killed Hae because he was panicking and was unsure what to do so he started to call other people he know.

Serial is a podcast that I enjoyed listening to yet somewhat long too. I would recommend this podcast to those who are in high school because it will teach them a lesson to not kill their own partner. I would also rate this season 1 of serial podcast a 4 stars out of 5 because its very interesting like the movie show “13 Reasons Why”.

i like cars