The Best Fishing Reel in the World | Teen Ink

The Best Fishing Reel in the World

By JoeBear00 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
JoeBear00 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

The morning sun rises with stunning yellows, purples, and oranges. Turning into a bright steaming lake as the dew is disappearing off the boat. I grab my rod, attached is the lews speed spool. I bring it back and thrust it forward at a rapid pace. The line spinning off the enormous spool, this is the best reel around for the price. As Lew’s is not just your average baitcasting reel, it has outstanding features. These include a smooth slick design, a large spool to hold tons of line, and the most important, the spool settings are easy and don't create backlashes.

The lews speed spool is a reel that creates a easy and fun fishing experience for the user. When first using the reel, it was hard to figure out how to change the settings to make the spool more free or locked down harder to prevent backlashes. When getting to using the reel more and more,it was hard taking it apart and cleaning it. Watching videos on youtube to help me clean the speed spool and to make the adjustments to make it more user friendly.

As more and more line comes out, it’s not a bad thing. It is making it harder to choose what line to use.  Do I go with braid to have no stretch and pull the fish out of some tough cover. Or the fluorocarbon to give it the stretch it needs to take it and run. The speed spool holds lots of line which is a good thing. When hooking into a gigantic fish you can let it run or pull it in due to the fantastic drag. The lews speed spool holds tremendous amounts of line which you can make long casts and pitch to the nearest dock which makes this reel superb.

The reel has tons of features with include the one piece aluminum frame, the machined U shaped large capacity spool, to hold tons of your braid or fluorocarbon. The premium 10 ball bearing system, which makes it easy to reel and retrieve the lure. The On/Off smart plus six pin braking system, which makes the casting easier. The double anodized aluminum spool tension knob, making the spool tighter to control the spool. A carbon fiber aluminum star drag system with 20 pounds of drag power to make it easier to to pull a fish in.

This reel has many outstanding features to catch a fisherman. The slick design also helps to keep the reel in your hand and it makes it easier to cast and retrieve. The many features of this reel has me buying more and more lews products due to there passion of creating the best reels on the market.

This piece really shows what I love to do and it goes indepth with the lews speed spool and how I use it and how it works.