AJ Bombers | Teen Ink

AJ Bombers

By Mbappè SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mbappè SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

To say that the restaurant, AJ Bombers is good is a grotesque understatement. From the bombs of peanuts that get dropped into little bowls by every table, to the juicy burgers, to the names written in crayon plastering the walls, to even the large amounts of peanut shells littered on the floor, this restaurant has the atmosphere of a Boston restaurant.

The overall mood is extremely laid back. You step into the restaurant and the first thing you notice is the crunch under your feet. There are peanut shells littered all over the floor. People throwing the peanuts into their mouths and tossing the shells on the ground. A bell rings and the bartender throws the little rocket shaped container down the metal rail on the ceiling and the rocket hits the target and down comes peanuts into the bowl under it. This is definitely the restaurant to wear your ripped jeans and your questionably clean clean t-shirt.

The menu caters to the meat eaters—if you like your leafy greens then stay at home because this is a burger joint. Aside from the buffalo chicken salad you will not be seeing any salads at AJ Bombers. The Milwaukee burger, which won Milwaukee's best burger on the show “Food Wars,” is an excellent choice along with crunchy fries or the super thin shoestring onion rings which melt in your mouth. With affordable prices you will get into the car and feel guilty because you just ate one of the best burgers you’ve ever tasted and you still have money for gas on the way home.

The food is perfectly cooked, with just the right amount of seasoning, the service is helpful and accomodating to everyone from your grandmother to your 5 year old niece. The waiters and the waitresses will be the first ones at your table when your soda is almost gone and the food will disappear from your plate faster than you thought possible.

I think that this restaurant is a gem in the rough and it is a shame that this place isn't more popular.This restaurant is nothing short of an American classic, from the juicy burgers to the onions rings this restaurant is here to stay, and for good reason. Warning-only eat at this restaurant if you’re willing to have burgers every single saturday night because this place will have you coming back for more and more.

This is a restaurant review about AJ Bombers located in Milwaukee, WI.