Ballet: My First Love | Teen Ink

Ballet: My First Love

March 4, 2019
By EmmaBloomfield BRONZE, Defiance Ohio, Ohio
EmmaBloomfield BRONZE, Defiance Ohio, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 
This passage is about a young girl having a strong feeling of love for ballet. She mentioned how much pain she was in but, keep pushing herself to become better before she loved it so much. “Mylove was sore muscles, calloused feet, aching lungs. My love was red lipstick, dark eyeliner, slick hair. My love was the stage. It was waiting in the wings in a glittering costume, the counts of the music filling my head until – suddenly – my legs carried me onstage again, tugged by an unseen force, and the lights hit my face and I rose end pointe and my feet filled with pain and I danced.” Boy would make fun of her because she wasn’t in any sports. “I was a ballet dancer, and I loved ballet, and I fought for ballet. Boys would tell me it was stupid. “girls wouldn’t listen when she would tell them her roes into The Nutcracker, but she keeps talking about it anyways.when she was in gym she would stand off to the side and make up and own dances.”I stood on the sidelines in gym class, not knowing the rules of any sport, but marking dances in my head and humming classical music.”