The Moment that Changed Me | Teen Ink

The Moment that Changed Me

By Tanner.Addington SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Tanner.Addington SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled, The Moment that Changed Me, written by Sean Bragg, talks about his soccer injury that changed his life forever. His writing left me feeling curious because of an injury that I have had that was very similar. In his wring, Sean severely broke his arm during a soccer scrimmage. The result of this was he could never play soccer again and on top of that he has limited function of his arm. In my situation, I tore my hamstring off the broke, while breaking the bone in my hip during a football game. This also resulted in surgery and not being able to play sports again. I now have leg problems that will affect my very day life as well as he does with his arm. I like when the author says, “At first I was lost, angry, and resentful. But overtime I came to learn that I am more than just an athlete,” because since I have stopped playing sports I began to see some of the opportunities I was missing out on.

This peice was about a high school athletee who broke his arm and ended his sports carrear.