The Three-Day Transformation | Teen Ink

The Three-Day Transformation

January 10, 2019
By lschlachter BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
lschlachter BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled The Three-Day Transformation, written by Sean Chen, talks about how materialism is temporary and relationships are forever. His writing left me feeling inspired. I can relate to this writing because I have also had a feeling like his. Chen wrote, "The first day we reached the Earland Falls, a magnificent waterfall that spews without restraint." I believe this may have been enlightening to Sean, showing him that material objects bring temporary happiness and relationships last much longer. How I also first understood this is when I was on a snowmobiling trip in upper Michigan. I was outside in the middle of the night getting my parts ready for riding tomorrow when I happened to look up. I had never seen the stars like that before. I was beautiful; it seemed the brightest star is had ever seen in Ohio was the least bright in Michigan. Also, it seemed that the star count was multiplied three-fold even on the clearest night where I was from I was struck. I was standing there mesmerized by the sight when I saw my brother standing there with me. We stood there together watching the stars. This is when I realized a relationship is much more valuable than material objects. Sean also wrote, " The reward, however, transforms this temporary hell in to permanent heaven: clear lakes surround enormous mountains, creating a blissful scene." I can also relate to this because while snowmobiling we were looking for "the cabin in the sky," a log cabin at the top of a mount that shows a view of mountains and lake Michigan. I was freezing cold. My hands, toes, ears and nose were colder than they had ever felt before. I wanted to go back and call it a day, but my brother wanted to push on. After what felt like forever, but was probably two hours, we found it. We jumped off our snowmobiles and ran to the edge. This was also a beautiful sight. To the right, Lake Michigan. To the left, a mountain that was snow covered. Both Sean and I then realized like he said, "...transforms this temporary hell into permanent heaven..." I really understood what Sean was talking about in his writing and believe felt the same feelings he felt in his journey. 


The author's comments:

I really haven't wrote about this ever before. I put the article title I was reviewing.