Ocean Blue and Sand Resort Review | Teen Ink

Ocean Blue and Sand Resort Review

By samk33 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
samk33 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Bottomless Piña coladas, warm sand slipping between your toes, and an endless body of teal water to wake up to, what more could you ask for? After staying twice at Ocean Blue and Sand in Punta Cana for a week each time, I can say that after both times I left feeling pleased with the high quality experience I recieved. Upon arriving at the resort, you are greeted by the staff with a warm smile and tropical drink (non-alcoholic for the kids) and led to the front desk to check in. The check in process is fast and easy, exactly what you want after arriving at your tropical destination.

The restaurants were not to the same standards as a typical restaurant in the United States, but the food was fair nonetheless. For example, if you are expecting a big juicy cheeseburger from their take on an American restaurant, that is not what you’re going to get. The cows are fed differently in the Dominican Republic and therefore the meat tastes different.  But, the buffet was excellent. There were always so many options to choose from and each night the buffet had a new theme which the food of the night was based on along with the other regular options like pasta, cheeseburgers and salad that were offered every day. Mike’s coffee shop was definitely one of my favorite spots on the resort, the frozen mochas were my go to. Also, the mini fridges in the room were stocked daily with refreshing beverages free of additional charge.

The beach was beautiful, relaxing and never too crowded. The water was very clean and safe to swim in, there are wave breakers in the water that look like submarines. They are fun to climb on, but be careful some are slippery from the algae. There are some locals that wander the beach trying to sell things like cigars and sunglasses but will not pester you unless you invite them up to your chairs or cabana. The pools are huge and clean, you never have to worry about finding a chair to lay on or the pool being too crowded to enjoy. The swim up bars are only a plus.

The entertainment staff always has something going on whether that be games by the pool or on the beach or zumba in the pool. There are always staff members around to help with your every need making sure that your experience is the best possible. You are even given your own personal concierge to help with excursions, extra supplies needed in the room, or any questions. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a fun, tropical getaway! The prices are cheap and the experience is unbeatable.