Stars | Teen Ink

Stars

November 17, 2008
By Nolan Palazzo BRONZE, Lompoc, California
Nolan Palazzo BRONZE, Lompoc, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

And the night fades away…

Cast away by the fog of the ocean.

The glisten dies; The twinkle fades from sight.

And through this the thoughts of my mind drift away giving birth to a new concept of thought.

And so I asked the sky why it would vanish on such a beautiful night.

As I search for an unspoken answer, a theory emerges.

The stars fade because such things so perfect will never last forever.

A sight so pure, full of inspiration and bliss, must eventually fade.

The stars gave me a glimpse of how life can be.

The masking fog made me yearn for the sight of perfection, such as the stars themselves.

With the stars forever shining, this world would be perfect.

And this ultimately results in a fallacy.

Through the stars fading, we have been given hope for the next sight of perfection.

But at the same time, we must recognize that the fog is only an obstacle casting perfection out of sight.

Oh if only we could learn how to fly.

The author's comments:
The inspiration of this poem came from a woman that I still hold dear to my heart and remain close with even now. As I read this over and with time I realised that this not relates to many happenings in my life. I thought that it might relate to somebody else in this world. Of course the stars are used as a metaphor, but as to what is up the reader. I hope it can touch you.