This is Hell

We live in a world where,

going to school,

you may be shot by some fool.

Even just walking down the street,

you may be the next one to get beat.

We live in a world where,

people give a hard stare.

Everywhere you go,

there's hostility in the air.

We live in a world where,

it's dangerous just to have a friend.

They stab backs and say,

"Friends till the end".

We live in a world where,

nothing comes cheap,

money comes but its hard to keep,

ignorance is running deep,

so blind to see what's hidden beneath.

We live in a world where,

having a kid could be risky.

Next generation,

there can be five year olds drinking whiskey.

We live in a world where,

most people wouldn't give a care.

They rather smoke,

then actually be there.

We live in a world where,

it's so easy to let go.

We date a new person,

like it's a magic show.

We live in a world where,

families are divided.

Fathers ain't around,

making kids misguided.

We live in a world where,

the people we are taught to run to,

are now people we run from in town,

R.I.P Eric Garner and Mike Brown.

This is the hell we call home.

KatyainiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
True..... the world is continually changing. One doesn't know what to be scared of anymore... You have a very sweet way of rhyming even the most bitter truths.

Nated315 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You are truly talented. :) keep writing my friend!!!

callieismyname said...
Oh, wow. I love this piece. It's so incredibly real and truthful. Well done! Keep writing; I'll definetly keep checking up on whatever else you create :)

ThePoeticJustice said...
XD now this piece is the deepest I've seen. You're a kick bo.oty writer, and all the pieces I've read from you are deep. I mainly touch on love, and you mainly touch on issues of thought and/or philosophy, I respect your category XD good job, and please keep writing lol

L.J.Barnes. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked how your poem had a good rhyming structure... The constant rhythm really drove the message home. Good joh, nice last line... :D

Jackpot-the-GreatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Now this is what the world is becoming, hopefully some will read this and change their ways in this place.

celticstudygirl said...
Jun. 21, 2015 at 12:09 am
I love this poem. You describe the world that we are living in very accurately. I totally agree with you on how the world is today. And thank you for your lovely feedback on my poem!

Izzy777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aw, thank you so much! If you ever need feedback on future poems Just comment on any of my poems and i'll be glad to help.