Ode to the Gloom of Day | Teen Ink

Ode to the Gloom of Day

By ghxstprince BRONZE, Nowhere, Pennsylvania
ghxstprince BRONZE, Nowhere, Pennsylvania

A gloomed sky drifts above my head,
Dreariness hangs through in the air,
Ravens caw; flying about with such unrest,
I look upon the graves here and there.
The beauty of death no other can fathom,
I see much more in higher of worlds,
Many must view me of madness!

A mindset of unusualness wrought to appreciate the darkness.

I marvel the gloom of day; finding it enthralling in different ways.

Personally, I find the darker things in life beautiful. It's unusual. As a Goth, I view more unusual things with beauty, rather than rejecting it. Death is sad and upsetting, especially after losing someone close to you that you loved, however; I find it beautiful in a way. Once the person dies, they are at peace. Also, I personally believe in souls, and that their soul goes to a better place. Death isn't as bad as many view it as. Also, I find graveyards/cemeteries calming and interesting. The architecture of the different kinds of tombstones is enchanting. Especially visiting one during a gloomy kind of day is the best. I'm unsure why, I just find it lovelier. Many may view me as mad or insane to find something as morbid as the topic of death to be beautiful, and that's fine, I don't care. I'm not saying that the event of someone dying is beautiful, but the deeper thought of them being in a better place and such makes it beautiful to me. Having to deal with personal deaths in my life has made me realize and understand it in a much deeper sense than what someone else would see it as. Maybe I'm just another weirdo, perhaps that's it, but that won't stop me from having that kind of mindset.

on Sep. 6 2015 at 5:08 pm
Oh my, thank you so much!

on Sep. 1 2015 at 10:22 pm
DarkeRose13 BRONZE, Toogoolawah, Other
beautiful and well written

on Feb. 11 2015 at 12:11 pm
Thank you!

on Feb. 7 2015 at 4:13 pm
windowpainss BRONZE, San Marcos, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This is Beautiful