Impede, Recede, and Concede This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My heart does not beat for you anymore.
It powers down, ensuring no emotion.
I dare not surrender to your poison potion,
But flee from wounds which time could not restore.
What a pedestal that has been set,
An unyielding power coarse hands caress,
Fear lurks beyond confidence, I confess.
My own faults shall remain my own regrets.
I bestowed you with height, attesting me weak,
Recoiling behind acts of defiance,
Gives notion your battle will not succeed.
I accept our relations, we need not speak,
My heart need not beat, nor inquire alliance,
Tonight I impede, recede, and concede.

RedHuntingHat said...
This is a really good sonnet. I have read so many on this website that are not correct sonnets, and I am refreshed to see a proper one! Thank you for showing the Teen Ink world what a real sonnet is. Bravo

riseagainstthekillerash said...
great use of words! raw emotion behind the poem! you have a very strong voice!

RitaChristine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What a rich piece of work! Wonderful! I love your use of language, and imagery, rhyme, near rhyme, alliteration, rhythm... the list goes on! I admire when a writer can fit so much into one small poem. I great example for the rest of us of excellent poetry. Lovely.

ariwrites94 said...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:54 am
Wonderful job!!!! you are a talented writer and keep up the good work! if u have time please check out my poem called "Sensitive Am I" and rate and leave a comment. Thanks and keep writing!

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16, 2009 at 2:44 am
I love it- the wording, the rhyme scheme.

LikeBam! said...
May 14, 2009 at 1:49 am
love it! please write more

KiKi3 said...
I love your poem. It rocks!!!!

val@yahho.com said...
thats good ignore your teacher its fine they will get over it

MisunderstoodBeauty said...
really good

christon said...
this poem is really good u should keep em commin

Pamela P. said...
Apr. 18, 2009 at 5:46 am
Just letting you know i read your poem, and hope i can write in past tense about love as well. i rate it a 5 =]

cullen|lover said...
Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:58 am
great poem

TissaB said...
i deeply believe you are a true poet! you should check out mine when it is finnally approved its called "Lovers Creek" it is kind of the opposite of yours because its about well death for love ish well you can find out yourself. lol

francheeze88 said...
Apr. 4, 2009 at 3:01 am
YOU TELL HIM! This is amazing :) Check out my poem called Thief, its similar.

Kristen B. said...
Mar. 20, 2009 at 2:57 am
I love this poem It makes me think amy dad
P.S.
I like your comment at the end.

mmodeusher said...
I think its fine the way it is...The BEST poets create their own rhyme scheme, Ya Digg!!!

lexikeys247 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 15, 2009 at 5:10 am
i love it! im gonna sound like such an over analyzer or something but i loved you alliteration!

whatwehavelost said...
its insane how many people relate to that.i personally understand the part about not speaking and not wanting the emotions anymore.everyones wants to know that they are not the only ones that feel that. so thanks for being brave.and there is no such thing as a flaw evveryone and everything is PERFECT!

MeganCahill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
As it turns out, my teacher did not think me lazy, but rather supported me in more ways than I could have ever anticipated. I owe my first publication, which I will forever remember, to her relentless determination and belief in my potential.

Amber C. said...
Mar. 6, 2009 at 2:53 am
This poem is one of my favs. I love it