Impede, Recede, and Concede This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My heart does not beat for you anymore.
It powers down, ensuring no emotion.
I dare not surrender to your poison potion,
But flee from wounds which time could not restore.
What a pedestal that has been set,
An unyielding power coarse hands caress,
Fear lurks beyond confidence, I confess.
My own faults shall remain my own regrets.
I bestowed you with height, attesting me weak,
Recoiling behind acts of defiance,
Gives notion your battle will not succeed.
I accept our relations, we need not speak,
My heart need not beat, nor inquire alliance,
Tonight I impede, recede, and concede.

joebro said...
Dec. 11 at 11:35 am
this article is so beautiful its very powerful im sure alot of people can relate to this especially me i hope you keep writer your amazing

EEKgirl said...
Feb. 20 at 12:04 am
It sounds like a dance. I love it, it is a flawed beauty. Please, keep writing. Rhyme scheme schmime scheme.

Elizabeth-of-rohan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
beautiful.

Gavin S. said...
It was awesome

AShiftInLife said...
Beautiful. Its powerful. I can feel the emotion- that's what I love about poetry. Putting just a few words on the screen and still being able to show people how you feel is an art I'd love to learn someday. Very good job.

Youngshakespeare18 said...
I agree with your description. Poetry is better flawed because if you have to plan it out where is the feeling. You did amazing

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Wow, some of those lines really spoke to me about a friendship I once had.

DarkAngelNinjaXP said...
May 20, 2011 at 9:54 am
Wow. Just... wow. This is absolutely amazing. 

Zero_Black said...
What d'you mean your teacher won't like it? It's really good! Even if you didn't follow the assignment, I think it's really, really good! >:}

Touchstone said...
This is IT !!!! 

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is so beautiful and strong.. The word choice is simply... excellent. A very inspiring sonnet - I'm going to try to write one I think and I'll let you know when its done. Would you comment on it? I'd love your opinion. Thanks! Keep writing! :)

MeganCahill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Of course I would comment!! Thank you so much for yours!! I appreciate it and it means a great deal. Let me know I would love to see yours :D

Tuesday said...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 3:35 am
Better off flawed, indeed. You can tell how much thought and feeling is behind this.

meli-meli said...
WOW! SENSATIONAL!

MeganCahill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you! I really appreciate the constructive criticism, sometimes even more so than compliments. 

dylaan said...
This poem has very meaningful words. It is written gracefully, yet has a sort of depressing tone. In the first line, it starts off with "My heart does not beat for you anymore". This line starts the poem with a mood that is about romance. The beginning is well written. The lines seem to go on with commas and just connect to each other which can be redundant. 

SideraCaeli said...
I loved it! My favorite part is, "An unyielding power coarse hands caress, Fear lurks beyond confidence, I confess. My own faults shall remain my own regrets.  All in all, it was a great poem. Poems are written the way they are meant to be, I'm glad that you didn't change it into what your teacher wanted!

ebony_and_irony said...
I'm very glad that you decided to go with this rather than throwing it out because it didn't fit a particular rhyme scheme. Good job.

Sarahlee said...
Oct. 5, 2010 at 8:48 am
WOW! Really good! Please read mine, I'd love to hear your opinion!

Grasshopper007 said...
Apr. 25, 2010 at 11:12 am
Despite the rhyming, I thought it was good! It's difficult to write a really good piece of work with rhyming involved- you're right, sometimes things, like people are better off flawed! Congrats!