What happened to love?

You held our love like the morning holds the sun so carefully, you let it shine. So wild, and free, so endlessy, I gave you every part of me. You gave me the world as far as I can see. Why does our love have to be so complicated, why can't you feel the force of gravity pulling at each string of hatred. My pain burns each memory out of sight. Your arms use to protect me from the night. How can one word mean so much, but hurt so deep like a cut of a wound punctured with tears. The bond of us broke and chattered right before us like dust. You ruptured my heart, and just like that you drowned my trust. What ever happened to happy ever after, what makes her think she can take you away from me? Where is our love from long ago?

Nella.Girl97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 26 at 12:40 pm
Girl you are an amazing writer! I love this poem! the one suggestion i have is to use spacing! MAny times spacing can increase a readers interest and it makes the poem stronger! Love this tho!