Believe

Being around you stirs up so many feelings
That my heart jumps out of my chest and soars
Because you granted it a pair of angel wings
And those saving wings were yours

Your eyes surpass the beauty of the stars
When I gaze into them I lose myself
I forget all of my pain endured scars
Because around me you’re yourself

I don’t care about your past or what you’ve done
Because you don’t pressure me about mine
With me those horrible things are banished and gone
You don’t care that I prefer not to shine

But with you I want to be the best I can be
I’ll shine the brightest just you wait and see

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22 at 4:46 pm:
I'm glad to see, not all your poems look on the dark side. Just saying. Your poem is very powerful, and I'm not kidding. I agree with what you are saying in your poem, all in all, your poem is true. Your poem is part of the Truth, we live in. If that makes any sense at all. Thanks for sharing this, your poem.

RyanM.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 22 at 5:24 pm :
I do ha ve a dark heart, but it is a heart none the less. I hope that makes sense to you.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 23 at 5:09 pm :
It does make sense, thank you. 

today at 3:25 am :
No problem.

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26 at 3:32 pm:
This poem is so elgeantly written! Defiantely one of my favorites Ive seen yet! 

Jul. 22 at 5:23 pm :
I'm glad you've made a connection to it. Thank you.