Lost in Literature This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

O, mem'ries what beholden me at night,
to tempt my mind from wondrous words to those,
that write in person, action, sound, and sight,
hold not with structure found in verse and prose,
that sing to us and speak what is not said,
amuse, enrage, or bring such joy and strife.
Their pain endures past all the paper read,
the cover closes not the Book of Life.
All books enshelv'ed, mind released to think,
on all the sorrows of this world and age. 
Of these I chanced to lose amid the ink,
that stains the ends of fingers on the page;
when I my eyes the outside world forsooke,
and drifted down to rest upon a book. 

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Holy cow, you have some talent there. It has such a beautiful ring to it, perhaps because there is a regularity, a sweet and flowing rythem to it that many of the poems on this site lack. Perhaps, but I don't think that is the only reason. I think it is because those words have meaning in them, they could only be thought up and put down by someone who truly cares about lierature. Also, I'm a bit impressed that someone on this site knows what a sonnet is. Don't get me wrong, I have read some good... (more »)

daniskate416 said...
Wow amazing job! Sonnets are quite difficult and yours is flawless :)

SimplyComplicated said...
I really like this. It flows and makes total sense.

Jules13 said...
This is really good poetry!!!! Nice work!!

mightierthanthesword said...
Nicely done! Sonnets are hard to write! If you get the chance, could you please check out my poem Struggle?

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 11:05 am:
wow this is such a great poem!!! i'm even more impressed that it's a sonnet, written CORRECTLY!

nikkigonefishin said...
I like this. You know I read once that the work that are most remembered are the ones that speak to every one and your  poem does just that. Good job :)

Laura_Oliver said...
Where are you planning to go with this?

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:29 am:
wow, that's all i can say

SongSparrow said...

Finally, a sonnet that is actually sonnet! There are some great poems listed under sonnet on this site, but half of them aren't the real thing. Alas.

Okay, so, concerning your poem: I read it through like five times and don't understand it. In my unprofessional,  personal opinion, that is not a good thing. I personally think that good poetry uses simple words, with a complex overall meaning. But even that is not necessary. For example, when I read Emily Dickinson, or, say Shakespe... (more »)

DraggingAnchor replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 7:03 pm :

I, too, was a bit put out when I looked at the sonnet section and found many poems that were not actually sonnets. 

Thank you for reading and commenting on my sonnet. Your honest feedback is valuable, especially when it regards the meaning of the poem, which, while clear to the author, may be somewhat less obvious to readers. Thank you for letting me know! 

Angeleyes12 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:25 am :
I have to say you poem is simply beautiful, it is complimented well be the Sonnet style. What is your main message of the poem? I was a bit confused when i read it and i came across a few different meanings while i was reading it.. Could you clarify what you wanted the reader to come away with? Thank you :) Keep Writing!