Dear Dad

If you saw me on the street,
Would you stop and talk to me,
Or would you walk right past me,
A stranger you didn’t see.

I often think of you,
Do you ever think of me?
One day I hope we meet,
You’ll be so proud of me.

I want to share so much with you,
Like all my favorite things.
There’s so many things we could do,
So much you haven’t seen.

Fourteen years ago,
You left her all alone,
Not even born then,
How could you let us go?

I always wondered,
Why my daddy wasn’t there,
Mommy says you love me,
And that you care.

So do you ever think of me,
The way I think of you?
Mommy says I look like you,
I wonder if its true,
Don’t you?

Time goes by so fast,
I’m growing everyday,
I’m starting to look different,
That’s why I wonder everyday.

If you saw me on the street,
Would you stop and talk to me,
Or would you look right past me,
Your own daughter, that you didn’t see?

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:59 am:
I actually just wrote a poem called"Dear Daddy". That's why I checked this out. I can totally relate. Great job!

ReadWriteBreatheThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I absolutely love this. Just a few hours ago, my dad whom I haven't seen in more than eleven years texted me asking if he could call me. But i got scared and said no. It made me think about all the things that you wonder about in this poem. Amazing job

TaylorBreanneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 2:35 pm :
Thank you so much! :)

fluterocker015This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 10:19 am:
this is really good! i understand the pain behind something like this. my mom gave me up when i was 3. i was adopted at 6 but it's still hard. i love this poem. (:

Nov. 4, 2011 at 12:47 pm :
Awh, Thank you! Sorry about you're Mom, that must've been really hard.

SanamSheriff said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 7:33 am:
This is really good. It's raw emotion, and I can't help but imagine myself in your shoes. There's just this feeling you get when you read words that have been poured out straight from a soul. I got that feeling just now. Keep writing your truth, you're really good at it :)

Nov. 1, 2011 at 11:09 am :
Thank you so much!

SamiLou said...
Goodness! this gave me the chills! i love this! i love how you refer to your parents as "Mommy" and "Daddy". It gives the poem such an innocent and helpless tone and i just love everything about this!

flawless200This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:20 am:
I love this!! It has a  hidden message that you get when you finish it and It's just fantastic please write more

Oct. 26, 2011 at 6:01 pm :
Wow! Thank you! Yall's comments mean so much to me!

TheWordSmith said...
This is really really good!! The amazing thing is, is that I could feel the same emotions while I was reading that were conveyed in the poem, even though I've never been in this situation. That takes skill on the author's part to be able to reach audiences that haven't shared similar experiences. 5/5 stars!

Kev-Girl said...
I really like this! Great job! 5/5!

AshleyMarie said...
Wow, this was amazing. I'm crying. Keep up the good work!

Emiri replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 4:57 am :
G.od, I love this. Five stars. Jeez, its so true, this whole poem, its jsut so true. thanks for writing it.

Taylor D. replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm :
Thanks!! That means alot! Can Y'all check out my other poems please? I'll do the same for you! :)

SuNshiNe007This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:56 am :
Wow! love this! Great Job. I hope you will meet your dad one day. Keep up the great work! Id love to read more:)