How the Poor Die

Creatures unravel their wings,
Smoke stacks rise from ominous pillars.
We're such petty things,
Caramel coated compulsive liars.
The noblest die in the streets,
Deceivers fly away to nest from their vampiric pursuits.
Children of Medusa enjoy processed sweets,
Benefited from their parent's loots.
How sad it has become,
When death [alone] is our final companion.
Where is this poverty from?
Anywhere else than a devilish dominion?
This is why the poor cry.
This is how the poor die.

Anigav said...
This poem describes the way people truly are.  On the outside we are sweet and innocent, but when you get to know the real person inside you find a selfish being, who wants nothing more than to satisfy it's own needs.

KRenae said...
This poem is very insightful and relates in an interesting way to "How the Poor Die." The poor are at a disadvantage when it comes to the moment of life and death in this story. Those who can't afford healthcare can't afford life.

PeepingTom:] said...
Orwell's essay give insight into the brutal ways that poor people were treated in the hospitals.  However; I think our society has changed and most poor people are lazy and they could, if they wanted to, make a better life for themselves.

M&&M said...
I like this poem, it relates to George Orwell's "How the Poor Die". My favorite part is "We're such pretty things, / Caramel coated compulsive liars."

TheUltimatecreeper said...
To pay for someones healthcare that does not have a job is not fair, but to let them die in a hospital without getting the proper care is not fair either. where do we draw the line.?

HerbertthePervert said...
Orwell effectively draws attention to the tragedies of insufficient health care. Really, really sad.

Bubbles said...
Orwells essay opens the minds of those that read it, if they are willing to see things for the way they really are not false pretences.

raiders said...
Perhaps if people read Orwell's article, it would help resolve our health care issues.

creeper replied...
I tend to think that Orwells and this article are a little over dramatic. I understand that the poor may not have access to the type of healthcare that paying people can have, but I think it is a little exaggerated.

Watchyouwhenyousleep replied...

Awesome Poem! So relevant to todays society.
The ones whom cannot afford proper healthcare are left out. Left to die alone!

We need a Change!

SunShineKid said...
Dec. 23, 2010 at 9:00 am
Utterly Excuisite