Thinking of you | Teen Ink

Thinking of you

July 4, 2010
By Rachel Bruce SILVER, Tampa, Florida
Rachel Bruce SILVER, Tampa, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I could write a novel selling a million copies, I could learn to paint like van go.
I could go to a field and pick a handful of poppies, I could use music to drown out my woe.
I could sing a song of 1,000 verses, i could save a life or two.
i'd collect every car, even a few hearses, but instead im just thinking of you.
i could climb Mt. Everest, or sail the ocean, i could find the cure for cancer.
I'd help people deal with all their emotions, or i could become a ballet dancer.
I could speak in tongues, and travel the earth, if i could, id travel to mars.
i could mine for gold, for all that its worth, I could capture the moon and the stars.
I could save a species from dying out, I could save the many and few.
I could figure what the mean of life's all about, but instead im just thinking of you.
I could party until the night turns day, til the day turns night again.
i could watch a sunset fall on the bay, I could meet good ole big ben.
I could search the world for the fountain of youth, i could drink it and live forever.
But honestly Ill tell you the truth, Id rather be with you however.
i could find my true love, id love him to the bone, we'd be together in all that we'd do.
But instead i sit here all alone, just hopelessly thinking of you.

The author's comments:
I was wasting all my time thinking about a boy and how much i wanted him