Believe

If I climbed the highest mountain,
Swam across the widest sea,
Possibly would you then,
Begin to believe in me?

If I found the cure to cancer,
Or created a great invention,
Finally would you have faith,
In all my good intentions?

If I stopped the hungry from starving,
And gave strength to all the weak,
Maybe then would you listen,
To all the words I speak?

If you simply made a difference,
In one life or two,
I promise I would be proud,
Because I already believe in you...

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm:
Love it so much! I used to be ignored to still am by some. Now I kinda wish my parents still did ignore me.great work

Briannat said...
This is great, I'm a fan of this poem. Love it!

mee-mee replied...
Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:26 am :
wow ! i like this one A L O T ! i feel like this sometimes so i get you

choirchic101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23, 2012 at 12:49 am:
This is a great way of expressing your feelings. I know how you feel. Great poem.

windswiftThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
brilliant, dont lose sight of this, its a quality that i myself posses, and its rare, it will help people who have lost themselves, tis the noblest of actions one can take for another.  keep up the great writing, it will reflect in you future.

D. said...
This is how I feel EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! I'm glad somebody finally brought it up, and in such a beautiful form :)

BieberLover16 said...
That was AMAZING!!! Keep on writing! :)

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:56 pm:

luvv it! Check out mine when it gets published ;) 

BTW i absolutely can relate. 

Emilia901 said...

I know the feeling, it's like "Give me a littlbe bit of credit will yah!". The last stanza was just the perfect way to end it

"If you simply made a difference,
In one life or two,
I promise I would be proud,
Because I already believe in you... "

Really beautiful (bonus points for the rhyming!)

bamboom212 said...
awww i really lovee this. very touchingg, the reader can really feel the emotion. wow gr8 job:D plz keep writingg!

Poetry4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 6:56 am:
I really love this!! <3 I have some new work, if you want to come check it out. Thanx.

Someone_Who_Is_Loved said...
Hey, I really love ur poems and pictures!!!! U'r one of my fave ppl on this website ;)

nightingle said...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 8:46 am:
You are an awesome poet.This is a lovely sonnet.The flow is so nice.I love the ending very much..Can we please be friends?I love your writing so much..

bluemagnet22 replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 6:32 pm :
Thank you so much! You are such an amazing poet also! Ofcoarse we can be friends! I read your "about me" section on ur profile and i so agree! Writing is not a hobby it is a passion and a love that overwhelms my life. It gives me a way to express myself

nightingle replied...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 9:20 am :
You are very welcome...and thanks.I'm glad that we are now friends.BTW I want to tell you something,I love your screen name 'bluemagnet22'.I read through your profile and now I know that you are blue eyed.Probably thats related to your screen name..right?I feel as if you are main character of a movie named bluemagnet lol.

bluemagnet22 replied...
Aug. 15, 2010 at 8:19 pm :
You are so welcome:) I'm glad we are too! Thank you, bluemagnet...as u read my eyes are bright blue...when i was a girl my dad would always tell me I drew people in with my eyes, they were like a "magnet" and I guess it just stuck! and the 22...well my birthday is 2-22, when I was born i was 22inches long, in elementary school my seat # was 22,  so it has just always been my number and i love that!!! It's so cool that u feel like i'm a character in a movie!lol thanx;)

nightingle replied...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 8:36 am :
My pleasure :)

just.me_899 said...
ohh :) that was really good, n really sweet in the end.. i really liked this!! beautiful workk

bluemagnet22 replied...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm :
Aww thank u so much:)

_Elsy_ said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:12 am:
i loved it, it almost seemed like lyrics when i first read it. And i agree with your poem, yoiu just have to believe someimes. You have a lot of talent. btw-can you check out some of my stuff?