Is It Just Meaningless Beauty? This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I looked upon the sky one peaceful night
While I was gloomly strolling ‘long the shore.
A gaze at stars so countless and so bright
Had made me think about my grief no more.

I pondered over planets’ splendid grace;
Of black holes, comets, all the glorious things.
I longed to see the great Creator’s face
To thank Him for the joy His handwork brings.

But men today say there is no Divine,
Convinced that all was brought forth just through fate.
“From specks to worlds we know of,” they explain,
“And wonders went on blooming to this date.”

But see from birth of space to man’s advance.
Oh, how could these have happened all by chance?

anna4real.z said...
today at 2:44 pm
Love this! Well written and I agree, also appreciate your author's comment.

drabdiamonds said...
Apr. 14 at 8:10 pm
Beautiful poem, but I disagree. I don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean beauty is meaningless. It means something to whoever thinks it's beautiful. To me, that is enough.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You get a Mckay AMEN from me. This is "divine". Wonderful message that I hope everone here will heed some day soon.

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:55 am
This is truly awesome. Feels so good when someone puts in words something you've been trying to say..Oh and the perfect words...Very good vocabulary and the rhyme of this sonnet is astonishingly beautiful!

VelaneDeBeaute This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really divine, really spiritual. I simply adore this! Really good work! Keep it up! (: 

Nelu96 said...
Beautiful! I adore this splendid piece of art.  

Alexandria said...
wow, i have read so many poems from this site and this is my favorite so far :) so beautiful, so true :) you did a great job capturing a " mood" that the reader feels both during the poem and after it  :) love!

Muscles said...
I liked your poem a lot. I think you did a great job with all the idioms you used. My favorite idiom you used was plondering over planets. I think your poem was full of figurative language.

ImagineLots said...
I absolutely love this!! Oh please read my poems. I have a religious one that you may like.

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was very beautiful.

Hazyeyes said...
I LOVE THIS SONNET!! i am a religious person, and i've thought about chance and the Creater (GOD) since probably when i was five! I really like the messege of this poem and can't wait to read more!! fate isn't something to mess with, but it all had to start somewhere. an explosion cant magically create life!

Laurelle S. said...
That was so amazing and so true.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:45 am
I love this~ Reading this I was reminded that I am just one part of something bigger than myself.

English nerd said...
Wow, this was so amazing. I was watching a program the other night about how the universe was made, and I have to completly agree with the author. How could all this and us happen by chance? A beautiful sonnet, creativly written with an inspiring message. Thanks!

kobie1kenobi said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:09 am
I completely agree with what this ingenious author has said. This work of art is expressing, it speaks volumes, and it makes you reconsider this breath-taking world in a new perspective. Thank you for this, it was very inspiring.

4everFree said...
all I can say, is that is awesome... and so true.  no one seems to think about the Higher Power to all, the Great Creator... none of this ever could've happened by chance...

WeAllBurn said...

all i can say is that i agree, and i LOVED IT!

5/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Footle said...
OMG this is really great the whole message is beautiful

RFarage said...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:59 am
I really liked the point of the poem, wondering if everything happened by chance. I like the rhyme scheme(:

Cripsee said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 8:47 am
This poem is truly fantastic, because it portrays the world in a manner which is beautiful to everyone. It's appeal lies in the perspective it provides. Though it has a religious message, it isn't forceful. If a person like me, very non-religious, could appreciate this, then it truly is amazing writing.