Take my Heart and Break It

Take my broken heart,
and rip it from my chest.
Steal away my soul,
and finally put me to rest.

I dreamt about you day and night,
and I wanted you to be mine.
You watched me in my hardest days,
and sometimes you watched me shine.

Every time I saw you,
my heart would skip a beat.
Every time you said my name,
I would spring out of my seat.

I loved you with my heart and soul.
I loved you year after year.
But something always kept us apart:
our confusion, our chances, our fear.

But now there is no hope for us,
we are doomed to be apart.
Maybe I won't feel the pain
if you completely break my heart.

Ambo123 said...

I really like this.

Very nice job!

TNT25 said...
Really good. i think its easily relateable. great job

Meru21 said...
I really liked this. I mean, who can't relate to that?? It's got a nice flow to it and you did a wonderful job expressing what needed to be said without going overboard. Great job!!

GreenLover said...
May 17, 2010 at 11:36 am
wow  this is really nice loved a lot. i can relate to. i feel you. keep it up. if you dont mind could you take a look at my sonnet "My Child,My Son" i really appreciate it thanx :)

celloizmylife said...
May 15, 2010 at 9:32 am
oh my goodness, I loved it! my favorite line was definitely the last.

MeXiCaNsHoRtY said...
May 14, 2010 at 11:13 am
Wow, this is amazing i can really relate to this. i acually a little tear..keep up the good work and keep your head up high never look down!

kirbybug replied...

me to feel it the pain and the tears!!! oh and i love your name(mexicanshorty) it should be mine!!!;):)

great job on the writing dreamer believer!!!

***Rain*** said...
Oh my gosh. This is so sad and...and...amazing. I nearly cried when I read it. Im going through the same thing (sorta) and it really stinks. :( I love it. Five stars! :) I would really appreciate it if you would read and rate some of my writings? That would be amazing if you did. :) Thank you!

dreamer_believer said...

i want to say THANK YOU  to everyone who has commented on this piece (and my other work if you have). (: your support is encouraging me to keep writing (even through the heartbreaks!) you guys are truly amazing :) thanks so much again :)

<3/dreamer (:

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is one of the best. and I'm sure these people on teenink can relate to it-its not like anybody believes in love anymore. 5 stars captain.

HeronHero said...
I don't think you need my opinion, but I relate to this in everyway and am making it one of my favorites! It's just so full of feeling......:)

insaneprincess said...
This is amazing ! 

Volleygirl25 said...
May 9, 2010 at 8:56 am
I love this so much! All the words just flow together perfectly. Thank you for the comment also. :)

lnvo97 said...
this is most deffinatly something i can relate to!!! AMAZING!!!!! keep up the good job!!!

vnprice said...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:31 am

This was so great!

I can definitely relate to how you feel, and this is beautiful. Keep up the great work! :D <3

AlexSerino said...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 9:46 am
This is such a true poem.

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 9:43 am
AWWWW!!! I love it! It was great and sad

writergirl13 said...
It's not easy to make me cry, but those few stanzas almost did, especially the last one. So beautiful and so true. :')

tennisislovee34 said...
This has to be one of my most favorite poems I've ever read on here. Literally. It has a lot of emotion in it, and actually reminds me of this guy from my past. But the point is, THIS IS AMAZING. :)

chelsead said...
Apr. 13, 2010 at 11:56 am
I completely understood this poem and felt like it went directly with my story the "Daydreamer." I loved your end rhyme and how the poem flowed. This is beautiful =]