Take my Heart and Break It

Take my broken heart,
and rip it from my chest.
Steal away my soul,
and finally put me to rest.

I dreamt about you day and night,
and I wanted you to be mine.
You watched me in my hardest days,
and sometimes you watched me shine.

Every time I saw you,
my heart would skip a beat.
Every time you said my name,
I would spring out of my seat.

I loved you with my heart and soul.
I loved you year after year.
But something always kept us apart:
our confusion, our chances, our fear.

But now there is no hope for us,
we are doomed to be apart.
Maybe I won't feel the pain
if you completely break my heart.

SarelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 20 at 12:18 pm
Awesome, i love it

Angeline3 said...
Oct. 5 at 10:01 pm
This is very well written, so beautiful!

Lorine F. said...
May 15 at 1:13 pm
This is so true.

thomas said...
Apr. 21 at 3:48 pm
This is so true when i was in 8th grade.

findmeifyoucan said...
Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:56 am
WOW. this one is great!

WolfiraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a very long time. Love it!

hawaiianbeluga said...
This is such a great poem. Not only does it apply to something that everyday teens can have, but it kind of puts a whole perspective on life in a nutshell. Things like this, love or not, are always going to happen in life and our feelings are really effected along the way. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to the feeling you perfectly capture. Awesome job!

Gooseman said...
Beautifuly written poem. 

Jay-Wolf said...
You did great personaly i'm not old enough to date let alone BF/GF so i don't know quite what your talking about, I'm just a shadow. Quick thought shouldn't  sonnets be in Iambic Pentamater, its a pain but it's worth it. Again brillant emotion but make sure you keep the mechanics :)

dark_armor1 said...
WOW just wow. like honestly love this poem!

jennee21_ann replied...
im glad you enjoyed it!! thank you! (:

Harri said...
Wow...That is really well written.  I loved it.

LadyTrina2 said...
May 6, 2013 at 11:38 am
I Truly LOVE & ADORE This Poem !!!!! It Decribes What I Feel !!! GREAT JOB !!!!!

EmanP727 said...
This poem is nicely written !! It expresses so much truth

warboy said...
This poem gave me the best answer to the thoughts i was thinking about. Thank You ! :')

cottoncandy28This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is a great poem. I liked how  the ryhmes flowed. I'm a writer myself, so I know what's good. and this poem is amazing

Marylu_251 said...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:52 am
I love your poem! It has true meaning, I already have a relationship like this right now. :(

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really loved this. The rhyming was perfectly and the rhythm was never skewed. Great job!

WritingLoverForever said...
Wow, this was very moving.  The feelings you describe are so real and honest.  "Maybe I won't feel the pain if you completely break my heart" hit me the hardest of all.  You write incredibly gripping poetry. Keep it up! :)

RyanM.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amazing job it's so surreal because alot of go through something with another where the  other just doesn't see what we see so bravo I'm your fan for life