You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

_xxmuxicismydrugxx_ said...
Dec. 11 at 6:30 pm
Your sonnet was very good. Im getting some inspriataion from it as well. I had the same thing happen to me. I met up with my best-friend and she wasnt the same. She walked different, talked differnt but the thing I noticed the most was her additude. She treated me like I was her butler and I didnt like it. The girl I used to know, was gone.

BlackNek0 said...
Nov. 17 at 10:42 am
I like your sonnet its verry now. Many peots have started leaving the iambic pentamete and the rules. if you searched online you would find many famous poets not fallowing poetic rules one inculding shakespear himself. Your poem had feeling that is all that matters.

cheymars227 said...
Nov. 4 at 1:56 pm
Please stop being so picky about HOW she wrote it, just notice she got her story out and that it is beautiful. We shouldn't have to follow someone else's rules just to write a nice piece. Let her be, please. From a fellow "poet" one that doesn't follow so called laws of poetry

Caramel_Shades said...
Aug. 18 at 12:48 pm
honestly i don''t care about the structure the MESSAGE is amazingly and horrifyingly true. you'vejust inspired me to write about my brother his story is similar to yhour friend's look for it soon "Brother"

Westiera said...
Jun. 19 at 6:21 pm
An elizabethan sonnet actually contains 14 lines with 3 quatrains and one couplet each line must have 10 syllables making it have an iambic pentameter

Bad_at_UsernamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9 at 4:20 pm
A four stanza, sixteen line poem consisting of the rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gg

HermioneHainsworthThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23 at 6:03 am
Amazing.. thats all I can say!

kayla will said...
May 19 at 9:46 pm
A sonnet is a 14 lined poem... it's a literary device that poets use and is my favorite type of poems to write, it's almost all that I do write. I love reading them even more for even greater ideas!!

ZiviStern This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 2 at 3:02 pm
OK, as an actual answer (There are a lot of restrictions on a true sonnet so this is gonna be a little long.)
  Each line of a sonnet has five (penta) units, each of which is an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable (an iamb). 
There are 14 of these lines, 3 "groups of 4" (quatrains), where the 1st & 3rd as well as the 2nd & 4th lines rhyme. Then, at the end is a rhyming couplet, which usually sums up the poem.  Make sense?

seriously said...
May 4 at 9:22 pm
Will someone please tell me what a sonnet is?

Laugh_Live_WriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 9:09 pm
This is a great poem! Short, sweet, and relatable.

TheDakota said...
Feb. 27 at 8:20 pm
Try making it longer. It's good so far though :)

kayla will replied...
May 19 at 9:48 pm
It's a sonnet... and it's supose to be fourteen lines. That's what a sonnet is. :)  ...I love them!

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17 at 10:26 am
Great poem! Try working on keeping around the same number of syllbales in each rhyming line to give it a more constant rythem!

LittleMissFire said...
Jan. 12 at 9:43 am
Your poems very relatable. I like it a lot  

Terry_A said...
I feel like I can relate to this since I saw an old friend a few days ago. They were really different from what I remember them as. Overall, great poem!

Buurrry said...
The poem is very relatable. You convey the disapointment of seeing someone change with out you very well. I enjoyed this poem.

Annneee said...
I love this poem so much. I loved the theme of fall incorporated into this. Also, I can most definitely relate to how people change, and not for the better. Great poem overall.

WinglessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really great poem! ^_^ I love it!

xG4RY said...
Why did you call this a sonnet? What type is it? It is written in Iambic Pentameter, tretrameter, monometer, ect? Did you even pick A Iamb, trochee, dactyl or anapest to start from? The rhyme scheme doesn't even really match a form of any sonnet.