You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

love_obssesed said...
today at 10:11 am
there is nothing more painful than being in love with a person, that even though you know you'd still love them no matter how drastically they changed, you miss what they used to be.

gothicangel said...
Nov. 28 at 4:25 pm
This poem speaks to me it weighs heavy upon my heart i have so many people i once knew who are no longer the person i used to know or talk to

The_Unnoticed_OneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 24 at 4:19 pm
This poem expresses a multitude of emotions. I feel as if there probably isn't a person who can't somehow relate to this in some way. I genuinely enjoyed reading this.

brightblue2316 said...
Nov. 16 at 9:57 am
This is such a beautiful poem!

TheWisp said...
Nov. 12 at 12:55 pm
Old friend, ex-lover, lost family member... so many applications for the emotions in this. I'm so jealous of how you managed to concisely convey all of that. Great poem.

bpprince said...
Nov. 10 at 12:44 am
This poem great i can totally relate to it

TheFlashNatalie said...
Nov. 7 at 10:41 am
Wow this is an amazing poem. I love it so much. Thanks for making this it has touched my heart.

inutu said...
Oct. 15 at 4:14 pm
I love this poem it best explains how I currently feel about my old friend its perfect

uhhregan said...
Sep. 28 at 10:18 am
I love this especially since fall is just starting, this poem has perfect timing.

RyeaAlexisYoungThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12 at 10:45 am
I LOVE this!!! Great job!

kiwi-dictatorshipThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 27 at 10:13 pm
I love this poem!

CreepyKarma13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26 at 8:25 pm
Hm. Yea, it is always really sad.

thepoemprincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 27 at 2:50 pm
Beautiful in a sense as well though

YoungBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 19 at 10:19 am
I love this poem! you put so much heart and soul into it. It make me so emotional as I can relate to this. Keep writing!!

Henrymcc8 said...
Jun. 9 at 2:05 pm
I'm glad that I saw thus poem. This is really sad, and it really touches my heart. It was also really powerful. Great poem! Glad I read it!

interestingchoiceofwords said...
Jun. 9 at 1:10 pm
Short, but powerful. Sometimes people can give poems unnecessary length, but yours was perfect. On top of that, you mentioned no names, no specific events, and yet you still have about 800 people relating to it!

Mr.WordExpertThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9 at 5:31 am
amazing.. lovey

FallenAngel11283This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 2:59 pm
Hello, I ran across your writing I'm very glad I found it. It's truly amazing my favorite line is, Your eyes no longer sparkle, You've changed since last September. Your a truly good writer.. Keep up the good work! I will be reading what you publish from now on. Have a wonderful day

Reni.Fowler33 said...
May 23 at 9:48 am
I love it! Its perfect!

kendal.26 said...
May 19 at 12:00 pm
This is truly amazing!