You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Laugh_Live_Write said...
today at 9:09 pm:
This is a great poem! Short, sweet, and relatable.

TheDakotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 8:20 pm:
Try making it longer. It's good so far though :)

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17 at 10:26 am:
Great poem! Try working on keeping around the same number of syllbales in each rhyming line to give it a more constant rythem!

LittleMissFire said...
Jan. 12 at 9:43 am:
Your poems very relatable. I like it a lot  

Terry_AThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I feel like I can relate to this since I saw an old friend a few days ago. They were really different from what I remember them as. Overall, great poem!

BuurrryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The poem is very relatable. You convey the disapointment of seeing someone change with out you very well. I enjoyed this poem.

Annneee said...
I love this poem so much. I loved the theme of fall incorporated into this. Also, I can most definitely relate to how people change, and not for the better. Great poem overall.

Wingless said...
Really great poem! ^_^ I love it!

xG4RYThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Why did you call this a sonnet? What type is it? It is written in Iambic Pentameter, tretrameter, monometer, ect? Did you even pick A Iamb, trochee, dactyl or anapest to start from? The rhyme scheme doesn't even really match a form of any sonnet.

Megan G. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 25 at 10:54 am :
@xG4RY, I agree. It's a great poem, but I wouldn't call it a sonnet. 

DreamWeaverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I've been looking for a poem that described how I felt on this subject. Couldn't find a good one until this one! It's beautiful. 

Merla said...
Sept. 11, 2013 at 9:55 am:
I liked this poem. It was simple and beautiful. I liked the flow, the spaces, the feeling. Good work.  

catwithglassesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm:
I'm not able to relate to this, but your poem is very well written. I can picture it.

SamanthaWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:31 pm:
I can really relate to this poem. I've experienced this quite a few times :/ You did a great job with it :)

Cassie1435This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:40 pm:
GREAT POEM! I LOVE IT

Akshay09121 said...
Jun. 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm:
awesum...!! poem

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm:
wow i honestly love this poem! it was simple and sweet. very good job.

anonymous said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:23 am:
Just thought I'd let you know...I read your sonnet a couple of weeks ago while looking for inspiration for my own sonnet I had to write for a class assignment. I thought it was truly amazing and inspired me to write my own sonnet that wasn't boring, completely comprised of shakespearean language and make me want to pull my hair out as I wrote it. A couple of days ago we presented to the class and this guy read out the sonnet he had written, I couldn't help but think I'd ... (more »)

beccalynn1663 said...
This poem is really incredible. Anyone can relate to this and you did an amazing job:)

Seductive_Symphony said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:16 pm:
Very deep and emotional. I feel this way a lot whenever me and a very close friend drift apart and its just totally awkward when you see them again. Love it!