High school

Winner takes all
looser takes none
welcome to high school
isn't this fun?

The games can get hard
and then they're confusing
but ultimate death
is the concept of loosing

Back stabing
fingers crossed
hearts broken
friendships lost

High school is hard
but it's just a game
we all want to live
want to make our name

KaiLeenaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:32 pm:
That is so true. I am a junior and it never stops no matter where you go. I wish people would see what they are doing to us.

discuter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
noooooo this isn't a sonnet.  sonnets are 14 lines with 10 syllables in each line in blank verse form (as in every other syllable is emphasized).  their rhyming scheme is ABABCDCDEFEFGG.  this fulfulls literally none of those requirements aaah

dashi_1D_miner replied...
Feb. 19 at 11:23 pm :
so true! i am learning it in my core L.A. class and that "sonnet" isn't a sonnet because of the abab cdcd efef gg with 14 lines and 10 syllables im in 8th grade btw so :)

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was so insightful. You're a fantastic writer. If you don't mind, I'd love to hear your opinion of my poem Broken Structure. Cheers. :)

nurbanumessi said...
Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:33 am:
I like it, though I am pretty sure you mean "losing" instead of loosing...

AdelaideEvangeline said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:37 pm:

Very well written but not the format of a Sonnet ;)

A Sonnets Format is:

ABAB

CDCD

EFEF

GG

A total of 14 lines. 4 versus. No more now less :)

bjmm22 replied...
Jan. 2 at 4:28 pm :
That format is strictly for English, or Shakespearian sonnets. There are many form of sonnet. You are right, however, that this is not one of those forms.

Michaela M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24, 2012 at 6:55 pm:
great poem hits highschool on the spot. keep it up.

gingy said...
May 2, 2012 at 8:36 pm:
I like the structure. The rhyme scheme gives a sing-song quality to the poem which goes with the mocking some kids recieve in high school. The end is abrupt and a little shakey but over all great poem. Not sure its true sonnet format though.

J1029 said...
May 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm:

I'm only in 8th grade and now I'm kinda scared to go to high school :(

p.s. the poem was well written keep writing more :)

Michaela M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 24, 2012 at 6:53 pm :
high school is just like middle school just mabe a little more drama work will get a little harder but there are more choices and a lot of electives to choose from as well as clubes if you want to join...( i was scared to on my first day. you will do fine)

pianokeysevie said...
May 2, 2012 at 7:08 pm:
so true.. middle school all over, we're just a bit older:P

leolewis said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 10:45 pm:
Highschool blows.

Jenny1397 said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:01 pm:
Its cool but this isnt a sonnet. The first two verses are supposed to have four lines. The other two are only to have only three lines, to have a total of fourteen lines in total. And its supposed to have ten syllables per line, because sonnets are of major art. The poem is great and all but, it isnt a sonnet. Probably free verse though.

SparkoraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 3:01 pm:
Cute...but it isn't a sonnet. Sonnets have fourteen lines, ten syllables per line, and are commonly written in iambic pentameter. This certainly is in the wrong section.

Zander said...
The words "losing" and "loser" only have one "o"... Sorry to be a bit of a stick in the mud about thing. Still, pretty good.

ReadWriteBreathe said...
I absolutely loved this. It's so true and well written. Great job

Signed_DKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Oh my goodness I loved it. The entire thing sounds so much like high school really is!

5/5

manndypanndy said...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 9:58 am:
this was really good! i love the second stanza :)

rinkumanhas said...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 6:13 am:
 like this, i want to see more from you keep it up.