summer love sonnet

The sun like a diamond on his russet skin
The smell of his cologne carried in the breeze.
The dark mystery in his eyes so thin,
Thanking god I came to the Florida Keys.
His name is unknown to me; I have no clue.
It’s importance is little, I do not care.
His smile like porcelain as birds above flew.
But all I could see was his bronze shaggy hair.
His eyes glittered as he looked into the sun
that set atop of a painted sea.
There I was thinking he may be the one,
even though together we cannot be.
For it does no matter, we are here now.
We’ll be together someday, someway, somehow

halley123 said...
Mar. 20 at 5:03 pm
Nice poem i see you used the abab cdcd efef gg pattern for the rhyme scheme. This is the easiest way to do it out of tye other 3 or 4 ways. Anyways congrats.

RealRiterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 10:24 pm
ABAB,CDCD,EFEF,GG Do you know what this is? Your rhyme scheme, kind of like how I do mine. This looks more like one of my typical poem`s rhyme scheme, though: ABCB,EDFD, etc... Great job, you did well. Love your ending prose and everything up to the top. I also love the use of language and how you developed the them. Forgive me if I sound too technical, what I`m trying to say is, "You did an amazing job! Congrats":-)

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW. This poem really touched me. Wow, great job! I love your words about the poem, also. (:

Justsomegirlwhoisalwaysthere said...
I love this and I love the "singers write songs about the end I write poems about the beginning" thing:)

pics-with-no-paint said...
Love it. Beautiful :)

Jennifer B. said...
I can feel this poem. I understand this situation with this person.