An Insignificant, Childish Dream | Teen Ink

An Insignificant, Childish Dream

January 7, 2018
By HeadphoneGirl GOLD, Dallas, Texas
HeadphoneGirl GOLD, Dallas, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And there’s always sadness in our lives. It’s that sad feeling that keeps us going."-Sailor Moon
"Just cause you're a girl doesn't mean you have to wait for a prince come along on a white horse." -Sailor Chibi-Moon


If I close my eyes just long enough, I swear I see your face
Telling me, “I’ll take you away, to a place where dreams come true and magic rages free.
Come here my darling, come here to me.”
My whole world may slowly be falling apart, and my sanity failing me again
Yet I have the firm belief that if I dream hard enough, I can feel happy again.
I guess I’m lazy and don’t do what I should,
Guess I’m too emotional and need to pull the plug,
Guess I’m immature and childish, and should let go everything I ever know.
If you ask me everyone has got it all wrong, I’m just a girl trying to get by.
It’s just wherever I seem to go, I see color and magic in the air.
If I close my eyes just long enough, I swear I see your face
Telling me, “I’ll make sure you never awake, living in the world of dreams forever.
It’ not like they need you out there anyways.”
Our whole world may lose sight of what is right, but I’ll still defend in the end.
Yet I have the firm belief that if I dream hard enough, I can make people happy again.
Give me things that would make most barf, cause’ morbid curiosity is better in the dark.
The kind of stuff that makes the idiots high6.
Repeating all the days over and over again, with no rhyme, reason, or end.
I wish I could break the strings of fate, but I comprise inside,
Letting all the bad thoughts live and breed in my head
Your face, eyes, all blacked out. Just me, just me just me-error7
I’m losing control, an exception has occured7.
Cause’ I’m a living, breathing human in a world filled with cold, dead machines.
If I close my eyes just long enough, I swear I see your face
Telling me, “I know you can see the demons and the angels and the weak.
Come to me, I’ll teach you how to see.”
This whole world is black as night, but I see hope as a thousand street lights.
Yet I have the firm belief that if I dream hard enough, I can fix everything wrong.
You say it’s hopeless that the stem has crashed.
You say we’re ruined and can never come back.
You say that I’m too young to choose.
You say I’m the kind of kid who is going to ruin this fine country.
Maybe things would improve if you learned to keep your opinions to yourself.
If I close my eyes just long enough, I swear I see your face
Telling me, “Everyone else is blind, I’m surprised you still can see.
Child, follow the light and I promise you’ll be free.”
Both our whole world will intertwine, but most will claim I’ll lead the herd astray.
Yet I have the firm belief that if I preach hard enough, I can make everyone sing a happy song.