dads song | Teen Ink

dads song

By jman187 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
jman187 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

Dad imma never stop talking to you, don’t you ever stop talking back to me, I know you tired dad hold my hand, hold on tight for as long as you can. I open my eyes so that I can see, open my mind, to let my mind go free, open my heart so that people can see, what kind of things that are bothering me, it’s been one long ride and I finally plea, it’s my last resort, you don’t need to agree, weights too much, I can barely breath, my knees are giving in, this is what I need. It’s been fifteen years since my first scare, I remember that because I was there, I dropped what in my hands, didn’t care, left my teddy bear to approach my dad without any hair on his head. WHAT!? What you mean it “disappeared”!? Tears streaming down and it wetted his cheek, he built the courage, he needed to speak, and the moment he feared was suddenly there, he waved so I came over, he hugged me harder then I can remember anyone ever hugging me, but that was actually the point in time that it all became so clear, the two minute silence and the two minute stare, something was wrong but how do you prepare, in the front row seat to the world premiere a burden unloaded, so he talking sincere, with a message for his kid that I didn’t want to hear, take good care of the time to share, is no good news, it’s a poisonous spear silence in the room but love in the air, tried to calm me down, but it went to my head this is what they told me, but this is what I said. Dad imma never talking to you, don’t you ever stop talking back to me, I know you tired dad hold my hand, hold on tight for as long as you can. Dad imma never stop talking to you, don’t you ever stop talking back to me, I know you tired dad hold my hand, hold on tight for as long as you can. Close my eyes, don’t need to see, what my keep showing me, haunted dreams keep killing me, collar on my neck, god set me free, it’s dark in this mist but I’m going on, it’s got me to my knees but I’m holding on, my hands tied up, in this rope, I refuse to give up, but I’m losing hope cause when I come home, this what I meet, my dad on an IV cause he can’t eat, nothing I can do but take a seat, start a conversation and hear him speak, this might be the end, so when I go to leave, hold his hand for one more beat, look him in the eye, and I kiss him on the cheek, rub him on the neck and I tuck his feet, bite my lip as I leave the room, it tears me up and it kills my mood, I’m a sensitive dude in the middle of a feud, try to stay in tune when I meet my platoon, but it’s all too soon, for you to moon, I love you dad, give you me one more noon, and in case you can’t, I’ll still talk to you, don’t you ever stop talking back to me, see this is what it came, my final thought bought you flowers, hoping time is what you got, music is timeless, if I could only stop, time for a second, tell you how much you rock doing your best always, easy or not always with a smile and you’re always there to talk now I’m all out of quarters and I almost forgot, time is running out but my questions are not. Dad imma never stop talking to you, don’t you ever stop talking back to me, I know you tired dad hold my hand, hold on tight for as long as you can.