That One Love Song | Teen Ink

That One Love Song

By woahaffy GOLD, San Bernardino, California
woahaffy GOLD, San Bernardino, California

"you're only given one little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it"
- robin williams

They try to get me to breathe but it don't make sense to me

I let it go with my lungs, my soul, my bones

I'll follow through when the moon goes.

I'm open to change, i'm open to the waves

I hear the bells chime and I speak in a rhyme 

My love runs like a river and my heart of a forest, it makes so sense but for you i'd write a chorus.

I'd play the song aloud, for all the world to hear

because of you I have conquered my fears

I'd trade all my medals and give away all of the money in the world for your soul not to bruise and your heart not to hurt.

I'd give up my freedom to hear your sweet voice and even then i'd still be in love, held at gunpoint with no choice.

I'll lose my fingers in your curly hair, the chocolate brown shade fills a void, how unfair.

My eyes shut tight, with only you on my mind, I fight the thoughts all of the time.

Just wait one minute and i'll walk you down

Feel your heart, hear your thoughts and follow you around

Chase away your fears, make you toast and buy you beer - talk you down and keep you near.

How dare you have this hold, how dare you make my mind...flutter at the ring of your name and feel a sting whenever you are in pain.

Spin your records and hum along, moan out the words to our favorite song

Please remember to make me feel loved and never alone

I need you near to keep me sane, your energy makes me weak as I float high between the trees. My head in the clouds and my heart on my sleeve, please tell me you will never leave.

and

I'll keep the peace, fight the fate - unravel in your touch, until I hit the grave.

I had little, but enough, inspiration for this piece. I wrote it after I watched a few lovely films that really got me thinking about my life and any love in it. I wrote it quite quickly and was very uneasy about it. It took me a while to decide that I didn't hate it and even longer to decide that I actually liked it. I edited it a bit and took a few lines out and I am still unsure about my absolute feelings for it. I don't feel as though it is perfecrt but I never feel so towards any of my work so it's fine. 

I hope anyone who reads this, well...likes it, and may be able to relate to it in any way. That's the ultimate goal in anything that I make or write. x