but you'll never know | Teen Ink

but you'll never know

November 17, 2013
By IlanaE BRONZE, Sutton West, Other
IlanaE BRONZE, Sutton West, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you have to fall to learn how to fly"


The song, this song makes me feel things I’ve never felt before. Every line, every word, every note.

“All I see is green eyes and I’m lost in them”

Deep green eyes, sculpted into the scope. His eye lashes, full but not too full, shape the upper curve delicately. His deep stare emphasized by his dark brows, sharp and strong, but there is soul in his eyes, and a sort of kindness and life you cannot describe.

“The dimples in your cheek they swallow me up”

His smile, framed by his rosy temples, could light up any room. The dimples, carved into his left and right cheek, only appear amongst his genuine smile. It’s the kind of smile you want to see last before you go to sleep and first thing in the morning.

“Tracing your ink, your skin on my mind”

His tattoos, plastered along his collarbone, his forearm, his ankles, his wrist. The magical birds, the lock, and his mothers name. All there, all warm under your fingertips as you trace their outlining.

“I wonder what it’s like to run my fingers through your hair, but I’ll never know.”

His hair, deep brown. The curls so full and so soft, falling across his face, as he occasionally pushes them back behind his ear.

“I wonder what it’s like to come home late and have you there, but I’ll never know.”

Come home late from work, tired and just counting down the moments until you can snuggle in your bed and lock the world away. As you open the door you see candles are lit, dinner is cooked, and he’s bought you flowers. He approaches you, with that smile on his face, that smile you love to hate and hate to love, the smile that makes you all giddy inside and makes your heart beat just a little faster. He spent the whole night preparing for you, thinking about you, waiting upon your arrival. He wraps you in his arms and you know these are the moments you live for.



But you’ll never know.