Let the Flames Rise

The world flashed before me
As I set you on fire,
Burning your sweet Jesus face
With my blazing desire—
Melting your heart and soul,
You filthy, filthy liar.

Though you cry, though you scream,
I’m not the one to blame:
You lived and laughed but didn’t love;
Love for you was a game.
Why does it matter now?
You’re just a boy with no name;

So let the flames rise
To drown your cries;
I won’t cover my eyes
Or kiss you goodbyes.

Baby, burn, burn, burn—
Tell me how the flames hurt;
Looks like you took a wrong turn.
Now the flames melt jeans and shirt
And peels your skin away
As night turns into day—
When will you ever learn?

Though you cry, though you scream,
I’m not the one to blame:
You lived and laughed but didn’t love;
Love for you was a game.
Why does it matter now?
You’re just a boy with no name;

So let the flames rise
To drown your cries;
I won’t cover my eyes
Or kiss you goodbyes.

Remember the glory days
When we were young, having fun—
Getting high and making love
From moon to morning sun;
But you let it go to waste
Now, all of that is done.

Though you cry, though you scream,
I’m not the one to blame:
You lived and laughed but didn’t love.
Burn with flames no one can tame;
I just don’t care anymore:
You’re just a boy with no name.

There’s no use in prayer,
Words into an empty air,
And I won’t wipe away your tears
Like you never did with my fears.
Let the flames reach the sky;
I guess this is goodbye.

Though you cry, though you scream,
I’m not the one to blame:
You lived and laughed but didn’t love;
Love for you was a game.
Why does it matter now?
You’re just a boy with no name;

So let the flames rise
To drown your cries;
I won’t cover my eyes
Or kiss you goodbyes.

Let the flames reach the sky;
I guess this is goodbye.

ChrisTid7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25 at 8:15 pm
I like to write a lot of *real* poems. I've hurt a lot of feelings in the past if people realized it was about them but I was telling the truth so I don't care. This seems to be like that (if I'm understanding correctly) and I love that! Great job!!!!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 4 at 4:45 pm
Yep. Never feel sorry about writing what you feel about what someone else has done to you. My advice is be discreet. Don't name drop, unless they're a-holes. Thanks for reading. 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Whoops, I replied to a comment....oh but hey.. I clicked on this cuz it reminded me of the song Let the Flames Begin by Paramore (whom I'm seeing in concert this Sunday). Anyways, great job moe :P

D*mn, really?! So close to being sued by Paramore for using one of their titles. Oh well. Tell me all about it. Thanks, pimp. :p

mynameisnothabib said...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:54 am
THis is really good! and i know i have felt this way a time or two (or 20....)

We all have, haven't we? Thank you. 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Love the biblical references and the passion behind this. Good old revenge poem, huh? :P

Yesh! ^U^ Thank you! 

RayynbowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sounds vengeful! I liked it though. I like that the emotion is similar throughout the entire song.

Thank you, Rayynbow; it is an emotional, vengeful piece. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm just waiting for someone like Florence to come by and say, "I like that song. You're hired." Seriously, bro, this was truly a job well done: perfectly sassy with no regrets. Congratulations on another well-written piece! :D Love ya!

That would be friggin' unbelievable. It would be the equivalent of 100000000000000000 Editors' Choice and being published for every work. Thank you so much for your feedback, Krasota. Seriously, email me. It's been too long. We need to catch up. 

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is just burning with emotional force. Five out of five, yooou.

I guess it is, isn't it? Very emotional for me to write it. Glad yooouuu liked it very much.