Just Another Lie

I knew you'd be,
Right from the start,
The shameless one
Who'd break my heart;

To live and love
You were never the kind;
When you were gone,
You left me blind—

You were the breath
Of fresh, cool air,
One of a kind—
A boy so rare;

Your weightless love
Left in me this void—
I guess it's true:
You're just another boy

—But you promised me;
Yeah, you promised me—

You always said I was "The One"—
I was the moon, and you were the sun;
You erased all of my doubt,
But now that I'm in, now you're out;
And you left me here to cry—
You left me without saying goodbye—
Tell me something that isn't a lie—
Tell me something for which I should die.

Out in the plains,
Making love, drinking wine—
Underneath the starry night,
You said you were mine;

But I was never yours,
Just another useless toy;
And the same goes for you:
You were just another boy.

—But you promised me;
Yeah, you promised me—

You always said I was "The One"—
I was the moon, and you were the sun;
You erased all of my doubt,
But now that I'm in, now you're out;
And you left me here to cry—
You left me without saying goodbye—
Tell me something that isn't a lie—

Just know there's no redemption
For all of your deception
Don't dare try to apologize:
I'm sick of swallowing your lies,
Filling my head with fruitless words
And promises like flightless birds.

Burn, baby, burn—
Now it's your turn
To feel the void,
Since you're just another boy.

You always said I was "The One"—
I was the moon, and you were the sun;
You erased all of my doubt,
But now that I'm in, now you're out;
And you left me here to cry—
You left me without saying goodbye—
Tell me something that isn't a lie—

—Baby, you promised me;
Yeah, you promised me.

ramona7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
frankly mckay.....it's like...a small packet, but huge blast....someone of your talent shouldn't be conffined to a few websites......^_^ and mckay, i just love adele, emma watson,  and jane austen........

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 4 at 4:27 pm :
Wow. Thank you for that marvelous compliment. And you have great taste. Why aren't we friends? :)

quoter said...
This is sooo true.... are girls ever the "one" to guys?

Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:28 pm :
They can be. Thanks for commenting, quoter. 

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Sept. 20, 2013 at 10:50 am:
Mckay! You really should post more lyrics, because these are awesome. I swear. This is what lyrics should be! WOW I loved all of it and there's nothing more I could say.

Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:29 pm :
Thank you, Saphira. I'll try to post more if I can. It means a lot to me that you think that this is what lyric should be. I'm very irritated often at how the lyrics of music today is just rubbish. There's nothing exceptional about most of it. Some lyrics are amazing. But the majority is simply awful. Thank you. 

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:31 am :
yes, yes yes exactly. It sure is awfully hard to find music with REAL lyrics nowadays.  And You're welcome.

Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:16 pm :
True. The lyrics today—most not all—are mediocre or plain awful. Thanks. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think my favourite lines were the last two of the chorus. It just adds a powerful emotional punch to the gut that I can't help but admire. I love the sassiness of the stanza "Just know there's no redemption...And promises like flightless birds." I wish I could write songs of this caliber XD

Sept. 19, 2013 at 7:05 pm :
I've been learning some sassiness from you of course. :P I love those lines too, even though they seemed (and still do) awkward for me when I finished them. I'm sure you can write a better song than this. I'm still working on my song-writing. Krasota, thanks. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ahem Ahem, who got you into Ms. Lana Del Ray?? Oh wait, what? Oh right, Me! Haha, this sounds exactly like her music. Smoky, se.xy, breathy. The perfect ballance of pop and real music. I really like it. The lyrics are clever and they tell a story. Im gonna work out a tune on my piano now :) I like it. Keep up the good work Mckay!!   Keep rockin

Sept. 19, 2013 at 7:02 pm :
Very true. You did get me started with her music, which I just love love love. I'm honored that you think this is anywhere near to her music. (By the way, I wrote a part II for this song. We'll see if it's any good too.) I'm honored that you will be working on a tune for it. You must make a video for it. And submit it here. I just have to hear it, if you ever make it. PLEASE! Liv, thank you so much.