Broken Knives and Tears of Woe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

What if the snow fell into the skies?
No need for whats and hows and whys.
What if the light takes in the darkness.
Round and round, the old, worn lies.
Like the records with the scratches.
Light the dark ages with the matches.

How can't you see perfection in your
weary soul?
Broken ladders and clenched fists cover
the mind.
You look and look, more rage is all you find.
I want to try to be that supporting pillar.
Helping the butterflies sprout their wings.
Connecting the minds and hearts of the
broken glass.

Come hither to the moon and the stars,
so wondrous.
Stare at the sky until you know you're okay.
Safe under the protection of the swaying trees.
Anger and anguish run through your veins.
The mirrors lie and illusion reigns.

How can't you see perfection in your
weary soul?
Broken ladders and clenched fists cover
the mind.
Connecting the minds and hearts of the
broken glass.

Carry on through this life, poor, tired soul.
Know that you are never truly alone.
People will always be here for you and
for me.
All of this pain will be just a memory.
Nobody on this earth wants to see you go.
I just want to make sure you know.
Don't ever give up on this life.
This world needs you, so just put down
that knife.
People love you, people need you.
You'll make it through the storm.

taylorgotthed said...
Sep. 23 at 1:45 pm:
@Shade, wow that was amazing. Very much emotion. It was aca-mazing.

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25 at 8:59 pm:
Loved it @Shade! Keep writing! XD

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 15 at 9:33 pm :
I thank you for your support, but please. Call me Shade. There is no purpose for the "@." Do you think that I won't be able to tell that your talking about me without the "@?" So, please. Call me Shade. Thank you.

411Ellie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Absolutely beautiful. Never stop writing!! ~Lexy

_MURICA said...
Congrats Umbrella! I love your poem.. 

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I can see this song Shade. It made me think of an interrogation. Great Job 

Alabian said...
Love it Shade! This is wonderful! Keep up the good work :)))

raeeenbow-cupcakeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:24 am:
I, personally, really, really, REALLY, liked it. Keep it up, dear. You'll be a professional one day. :3

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:46 pm :
I agree with Rae. This was amazing to me and I hope that some day I could write something as good as this. I also think you (also like rae said) WILL be a professional writer someday. Don't stop writing!

Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:51 pm :
Thank both of you for the feedback. :D

Meg J. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:10 am:
Can I have permission to put some music to this? I would always give full credit on everything, I just would LOVE to play this.

Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:30 am :
Absolutely! I would love to hear it! :D

Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:35 am :
Is there any way we can work together on it?

JoyetaGhosh said...
..wow....awesome one...simply love it.!!

PhantomoftheBookstoreThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:35 am:
Congratulations on the Editors Choice, I urge you now, rejoice, rejoice! I love this song very much, It has such a creative touch! And so I thought I'd write a bit of fun To celebrate your job well done. Goodbye, goodbye and see you soon. Write more and may your songs always be in tune :)

Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:17 am :
I thank you so much for your post. When I saw it I nearly looked like a ghost! Oh, it's a pleasure to see. Good feedback to me. Such a comment is better than most. :D