Untrue Love | Teen Ink

Untrue Love

By AquariusGurl98 SILVER, Ledyard, Connecticut
AquariusGurl98 SILVER, Ledyard, Connecticut

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on how well it climbs a tree it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." -Einstein

Were you there the day the music died? Held my hand and told me it's alright for now. Made the monsters go away, with just the touch of your embrace, then ran your fingers through my hair.

I run from the future but mostly the past, through the fields and forest so fast through the moonlight and midnight cast around me.
And now I lie here wondering why, I ever thought that you and I. could fall in love for nothing at all.

I'm terrified of the way I feel, now I know your love isn't real, so hope you've decided to stay so I can keep you one more day.

I run from the future but mostly the past through the fields and forest so fast through the moonlight and midnight cast around me.
And now I lie here wondering why I ever thought that you and I. could fall in love for nothing at all.

I'll try to smile then, when we've hit the bottom and I'll wait until your gone to cry.

So I'll face this world alone as cold as ice and hard as stone, until a true love comes along I've got me.